This has been a very busy month for us. We started the month with my sister Ashley's wedding. It was fabulous. It couldn't have gone better. She looked beautiful and very happy. Sean is wonderful to her and we enjoy him too. He is great with the grand kids and Broc has taken a special liking to him. They have a superman bond. It was great to see Jeremy, Becca and Conrad for a while too. They are in the process of moving from Idaho Falls to Boise area. They are expecting their second this summer. Very exciting. Our dear friend Mari, from Finland also flew in for the wedding. It is always great to see her. She is so sweet and we don't get to see her near as much as we would all like, but we'll take the time we get and enjoy it!
Thomas did a another wonderful job constructing the reception decorations. Ashley wanted lights strung from wall to wall and a 10 foot backdrop wall behind the reception line. She put in 4 white tents in the gym and we strung lights all around each of them. Blake did a great job as DJ and we all had a really fun time. Ashley really wanted to do the Watermelon crawl line dance at her reception, so a lot of us girls learned it and had a blast dancing that night. Even some of the nieces got out there and shook their stuff!!! Ashley reports they had a great honeymoon in the Mexican Riviera, and are now back in Provo and loving being married students.
Cheyanne started basketball the next week. She has practiced for 2 weeks and starts her games this week. She is very excited and is doing really well. We are practicing her planting her feet on defense, she tends to hop along on her toes and that tends to trip her up a bit. So she is working on it. We signed her up for softball starting in March this weekend too. She decided to start that instead of soccer this spring. She also went bowling with some friends this Saturday. She deserved it. She had helped me out quite a bit lately staying home with the other kids while I was running errands and having meetings. She also really helped out when I was babysitting 2 neighbor kids last Saturday. She took responsibility of the 2 year old, another Cheyenne. And she took care of her all day, lunch, rest time, playtime, everything! It was great, since I had a 2 month old to look after also. She is really growing up and wanting more responsibilities. It is hard to believe she has grown up so much, but what fun we are having. She is really a great babysitter. She has a special bond with babies and is very happy taking care of them. She loves to help out.
Kallie and Kassie are are sweet as ever. They, and 3 others, got to have a special pizza lunch with their teacher last week for reaching all their goals on their state testing. It was very important to them, they were so proud of each other too. Now that they have tested out of second grade reading they are able to pick fun and more challenging books for reading hours. IT has been interesting to see what they choose to read. Kassie is really interested in animals and non-fiction books. Kallie loves the fairy tales and fantasy books. They love to read and they do a lot of it. We also got K&K signed up for softball. They are excited to try something new. Kassie had her cardiology check-up last week. All went well. He said her VSD (ventricular septul defect) has not changed. He wants to see her back in a few years. Kallie was really sad that day, having to go to school without her and knowing she was having her heart checked, was really hard on her. She was very happy to see her sister after school and learn everything was okay. I love watching them learn to be more aware of others and show their love and concern so much.
Broc has been learning more and more. He's got his alphabet and numbers down, he is really trying to learn to tell time now, and what the bigger numbers are. He loves being told how to spell things and the girls help him write the letters he struggles with. He is also really trying hard to learn his alphabet in sign language. Every time we get in the car we have to go over and over them. He has a harder time with a few letters, but can easily form most of them and is starting to remember more and more. He is anxious to finally be able to play soccer this spring. He asks weekly if it is time to start yet, a few months yet!! He is extra lovey lately too. He comes to me every 30 minutes or so for a hug and kiss, to say he's missed me. So sweet!! I love that little man, so much. He has such a special spirit to him, it is really hard to put into words.
Thomas has been really busy with all him jobs. They just keep piling up and he keeps working has much as he can. For all the work he does, he still manages to be home the nights I need him to be, and to get things done around here too. We finally got the garage cleaned out so I can park in it. He finished the fence in the backyard so the dogs can have more running space. He got the steps up to the back porch and is almost done with the shed. I don't know where he gets the energy or motivation to do so much, but I am happy he does. I feel very lucky to have someone who is so talented and hard working. He has found time for some fun lately. He has played a little basketball and we went to the UNR v. USU BB game last weekend. It was a fun night out with our friends. He is so good to let me go out with my friends too, when I need a break from house and kids.
Well life goes on and so does the madness. But I love every minute of it. I love that my kids are involved in sports and good friends, I love that I have friends for me to play with, I love that my husband has such good work ethic and is teaching that to our kids. I am truly blessed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment