Monday, February 12, 2007

Almost Better

Well, this week has gone by fast. From being really sick, to having family here, to Thomas getting sick and now starting his new job.
I am better, still have a bit of a knot in my face, but it is much improved, thanks to all the help I had managing my family so I could rest. David and Laura and their two youngest, Amelia 4 and William 18month, came for the weekend. They are moving here in 2 weeks. They came and found a house to rent until they find something permanent. They came to church with us too. We have never had any of my family live within 2 1/2 hours of us, so we are really excited to have them close and in the same ward. Our kids are so excited to have cousins close. Thomas is looking forward to having David closer to go fishing and other guy stuff with. I am looking forward to that too, since Thomas has forgotten how to have fun and relax lately, maybe David can remind him that it is okay to take a break and relax for a day. It will be great to Laura close too. She is always so good at helping everyone and getting good creative ideas from. We are really excited for this.
Like I mentioned earlier, Thomas is now sick. He came down with a pretty bad cold & cough a few days ago. He is medicating, but it won't really slow him down. He slept a lot yesterday and that seemed to help. He started with the new company today. He is looking forward to working on bigger projects and proving himself to new people. To bad he has to report for jury duty on Wednesday. His 3rd day of work, at least it is an excused absence. He is hoping to get out of it the first day by telling them how many relatives and close friends he has in law enforcement. A few who work in this county, so hopefully he won't be there long!!
Not much new with the kids. Chey is still playing BB. She is also working on a science project for the fair at the end of this month. That turned into a daddy/daughter project. I have never enjoyed, nor understood much science. Kallie is star of the week this week, so we sent in lots of pictures and a few of her favorite things. Kassie has been extra helpful and loving. She is also determined to earn more money by doing extra jobs, something she is really good at!! She got all upset and worried last night when I reminded them they both have dentist appointment on Tuesday, just to check and adjust their bottom wires. Hers had to be really adjusted last time and it hurt for a couple of days. I tried telling her it wouldn't be that bad this time, but she is still dreading it. Broc is fighting some kind of cold, but it hasn't gotten very bad yet. Hopefully with some rest and Tylenol, he'll get through it without much problem.
We are grateful to have such a healthy and blessed family. I have a wonderful and loving husband and 4 awesome, fun and kind kids. What more could a wife and mother ask for!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'