Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Cold New Year

That is how our new year started out. We had a wonderful day today sledding and playing in the snow with friends and family. But I'll back up...

It has been pretty quiet since the Christmas crew left. The kids and I haven't left the house much except for church and my Dr. appointment. After my appointment yesterday we went to the matinee. We were hoping to see Enchanted, but there was only 1 showing that day and we missed it by about an hour. So we settled for The Water Horse. I hadn't really seen any previews for it, but the girls insisted it was one they had been wanting to see. It was actually a pretty cute show. It told the legend of the Lochness Monster. We enjoyed it. Then last night we went to David and Laura's house for some games and food. There were a few other friends there too. It was fun. The adults played a game while the kids watched movies. Thomas and I were both pretty tired so we ducked out about 10:30. I think we were all in bed and asleep by 11:30. Such party poopers!! We've never felt the need to stay up till midnight. This morning Thomas got up and went shooting with all the boys. He got a new shot gun for Christmas so he was excited to try it out. They shot until they ran out of ammunition. Then before they came home they stopped and helped a friend move her parents into their house with them.

While he was gone, the kids and I got all the sledding stuff out and ready to go. We made hot chocolate and hot cider and we were ready as soon as he got home. We drove up to Spooner Summit, which is the edge of Lake Tahoe, and found a really good place right along the road. David and Laura and kids and their friends Kristen and Joe and 3 kids followed us up. There are several popular sledding spots up there but they are always to crowded for me. So we stopped at a new spot and it was great. There were little hills for the little kids and flat smooth snow for snowman and snow-angel making. Then there were some really big slopes for the big kids and parents. Everyone had a great time. We actually stayed much longer than I thought we would. We were there for about 3 hours, usually the kids don't last that long because they are so tired of climbing the hills. But they just kept going and going and going. I had a great time sitting on the toolbox in the back of the truck taking pictures of everyone, being very thankful for good zoom lenses!! I made my way to the bottom of the hill once to get some different pictures. Thomas was very good and keeping me on my feet, and going very slowly. Then carefully pulling me back up the hill. He had a great time with the kids and he and Broc got in some really long and fast runs.

It was a very fun and relaxing day. I am so glad I decided to go. I wasn't sure I would at first, just because I didn't want to be cold just sitting and watching and I didn't want to slip and hurt myself either, but I'm glad I went. The kids had such a great time and they are all completely exhausted tonight. I think Thomas is too!!!When Broc had finally had enough he and I went to warm up in the truck and Thomas caught this picture of the girls resting together after a triple train down the hill.Broc was such a trooper. He had a couple good crashes. One in which he got a good scrape on the nose, but he kept on going and loved every minute.Chey and Haydn Crashed at the same time. Chey is the one further up the hill.Kallie just barely got on behind Alexandria before they headed down.
Kassie had a hard time staying on the circle sleds at first, she figured it out eventually!

Well only 3 days to go. My mom will be here tomorrow. There are suppose to be 3 really big storms coming in between now and Sunday so things could get interesting. The rest of the family was planning on coming Friday night or Saturday morning and returning Sunday night, but that is looking more and more like it might be impossible. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens and pray for every ones safety.

Thomas and I were further discussing names last night. All we accomplished was getting rid of a few we had been considering. And we still don't really care for the ones that are left. Nothing seems to sound or feel right. I am afraid this kid is going to be nameless for a while. I am actually really hoping that once we see him something will pop into our heads and be perfect. I guess we'll find out in a few days. In the mean time, any suggestions are appreciated. You have 3 days to put in your 2 cents worth!

The rest of the week is full of laundry, hospital registration, and rest. The kids are so anxious the questions just keep coming. All will be well and over soon. Then the fun begins... Wish us luck!!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'