It seems like that is all we've been doing lately. The kids have really picked up on the extra jobs for money thing this week. My refrigerator has been cleaned, all my chairs and bar stools are cleaned, the garage remains spotless, even the inside windows and doors are clean. They have all spent most of their extra time, after practices, lessons, homework and regular chores, asking for more jobs. It has kinda shocked me and I've had to think of more so everyone had one to make it fair. But I'm not complaining, I think the sudden motivation is the announcement that we are finally going to Disneyland! I know, it's about time. We are very very excited for our vacation. It took some convincing for Thomas, but he finally agreed. ( It's that farm raised, work till you drop side of him. I love that side most of the time, but occasionally it needs a break too.) Anyway we are leaving on the 29th and spending 3 days at Disney/CA Adven. , then we are going to San Diego for a day at Sea World and a day at the SD Zoo. Then we spend some time at Universal Studios and weather permitting as much time as possible at the beach. We are staying with some friends in Huntington Beach so that will help with the cost and the convenience. It will be so much fun. I am really looking forward to no lessons, practices or homework. Just us and our kids for 9 whole days, our schedule, no one else to accommodate!!
Anyway, the last few days were fun. I love when softball season starts. The girls are really enjoying practices, despite the frigid weather. Broc started T-ball practice, that was a blast to watch. Even they practiced in the freezing wind and weather. Chey is wanting to pitch this year so she has been practicing harder and more often. She is also playing short stop, so she has a lot of responsibility for her team. She asked for those positions and she earned them. We'll see how the season goes. I know she can excel at anything she really wants, she'll do great!
Thursday after school we had about 45 minutes before Brocs practice. Then the girls started 30 minutes after his ( thankfully they were on the same field ). We split after they both ended. I took K&K and Nait to the school for a family learning night, while Thomas, Chey and Broc went to the Basketball season end party. They cut that short to meet us at the school. We grabbed a pizza in between and ate that in the car. The family night was a lot of fun. The kids made many little projects and brought home lots of ideas for more. Friday we did as little as possible.
Saturday Thomas had a field cleanup day for Little League coaches. He took KK&B with him and Chey and Nait and I met them later to go into Carson. We did the quick returns and shopping necessary then came home so Thomas could help a family load their uhaul. As soon as he got home we drove to Reno. We finally made it to the new Cabelas store. It was a little disappointing, only since I had been in the Utah store, which was twice the size. But the kids LOVED it. We found the things we were hoping to find there. We wondered around for a few hours and the kids enjoyed the shooting gallery. We finally ate dinner at their cafe. We didn't end up getting home until after 10. Sunday morning came really early for them.
Sunday evening the girls had a piano recital. They all played very well. Broc is still struggling sitting through 90 minutes of piano, but he did pretty good most of the time. I finally let him go out into the hall with his Hot Wheels monster truck after all his sisters were finished. I love that my girls are learning, and so far, loving the piano. It was such a joy to me growing up. I still love to sit and play, although I don't as much as I wish I could. I am so glad I was given the chance to learn and had such wonderful teachers. I hope my kids can enjoy it long enough to be able to accompany congregations, big or small. I've told the girls I would like them to stick with lessons until they can play the majority of the hymn book. We'll see, but I sure love that they love it now.
Well the countdown begins to Disney. The kids have been counting for a week now. Still lots to do in the next 2 weeks. We will definitely be ready for a vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment