Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In all my craziness

Yep, in all my craziness last week, I forgot to wish my wonderful and very patient, understanding, loving, forgiving, hard-working, playful, honest, loyal, trustworthy and all around great husband a happy anniversary. The 13th was our 13th anniversary. Unfortunately we both we busy that night and most of the week, but thanks to my just as wonderful sister, Kristi, we were able to go out Saturday night. She came into town the night before and took pictures with her wonderful camera of several baseball teams for the trophy pictures. Thanks so much for that, they were great! Then she took the 4 older kids and met Dave and family in Carson to see Prince Caspian. They stopped and got pizza for dinner and watched another movie before bed.
Thomas, Nait and I went to Reno. We did a little shopping first. I got a new softball mitt and he got a new bat. They were great presents to each other. Then we went to Johnny Carinos for dinner. YUMYUM!! It was very very good. And Nait was great the whole evening. He enjoyed his first taste of food. Just a tiny bit of bread, but he REALLY enjoyed it. I've been afraid that as soon as he started on food he would be done with nursing, except hopefully morning and night. So I'm in no hurry to get him eating to much. After dinner we went and saw Prince Caspian also. I was putting off nursing Nait so I could right as the movie was starting and get him to sleep. He decided he didn't need it. I went out to get popcorn about 15 minutes before the movie started, I come back and he is sound asleep on Thomas. He didn't wake up until just minutes before the movie was over. Even then, he just wanted a little snack and he stayed asleep the rest of the night, all the way home and into bed! What a great little boy!
The next day, Sunday, we had a nice little b-day party for Laura and Victoria in the evening. Kristi made a cake with fondant. It was fun to play with it and experiment trying different things. It turned out very nice. And the kids always have fun playing.
This week we had 2 games Monday night. Thomas took the boys to Broc's game and I stayed with the girls at theirs. Everyone did really well. Broc hit a ball clear over every ones heads into the outfield. Thomas said if it had been a real hardball it would have been over the fence. He also played a great first baseman. The girls had a great game too. They are still undefeated. Chey walked her first at bat, then stole every base and even home. She's fast!! Kassie was finally starting to swing the bat. She had a foul tip which made her very happy to at least made contact. But she ending up walking also. Kallie struck out twice, she was too anxious after getting good hits the last few games. Chey played great a 3rd base. She made lots of outs with throws from the catcher to girls trying to steal. She stopped several ground ball hits and made outs each time. I love watching the progression and improvement. They are so excited to be getting better and they just enjoy it so much.
Tuesday was piano. Chey also found out that she made the cuts for the talent show in June. She will be playing 3 pieces. I'm excited for her. I think she is a little nervous. She hasn't been nervous about the many recitals she has played at, but that was all family and friends. Even though there were 40 + people, at least she knew most of them. This is hundreds of people, and mostly unknown to her. So it will be a good learning experience for her.
Well more games tonight and lots of things to get ready for this weekend. We are borrowing a backhoe and doing lots of yard work and prep for a surprise for the kids! And a summer boredom/lifesaver for me!! Have a great week!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'