It seems like just last week I told Cheyanne she was big enough to sit in a big person seat and we handed her carseat over to Broc. Well today, she was officially welcomed to the "tall enough for the front seat with an airbag" group. And I officially lost most of the control over the radio and ipod. It took her about 5 seconds to realize she could change the music herself. I'm SOO excited!! Actually we really like the same music, I've raised her right! She is becoming such a beautiful, responsible and smart young woman. She has really come into a love of caring for children. She is the most patient and most naturally comfortable with Nait. She is counting the days until she babysit Klings kids. We've said 12, but Staci and I may fudge that a little. Anyway, she is wonderful and I know I am more critical with her than the others and I need to take more time to appreciate her wonderful qualities.
To go with the growing trend, Nait had his 4 month check-up on Friday. To no ones big surprise, except the Dr. and nurses, he is really big! He weighed 18 lb. 6 oz and was 27.5 inches long. He came in at the 90th % for head, height and weight. He had to get 3 shots and he took them like a pro. He grunted and did a little sob, but was fine within seconds. He was a bit fussy the next few days, but he seems to be back to great now. And to add to his getting older and bigger, he found his zurbert today. Ya know when they vibrate their lips together and get spit everywhere, yep, that! I love it when they learn how to do that, it is such a cute milestone. Then about 3 days later when they can't keep clothes dry for more than 5 minutes it gets really old!! But it's cute today!
We all had a wonderful Mother's Day. Kassie made me breakfast all by herself. The rest set up all their gifts on my bed while I was in the shower. The kids sang a Mother's Day song in church. It was great. I was actually behind them playing piano, but it sounded good from there. Then after church, I was feeling a little yucky, so I actually was able to take a 6 hour nap. It felt great. At some point Thomas brought Nait to me to feed and he snuggled in for the last half of the nap. They kids did make sure I got a good lunch of my favorite chicken salad before my nap. Then when I woke up they were anxious to make me dinner, unfortunately I didn't really feel like eating, but we had a good little time before they had to be in bed. Thomas made me a baked potato later and it tasted good. I am really blessed with a great family and husband.
To sum up the rest of the previous week. Broc had a few games, he played great at usual. The girls had few games. Kallie had her first 2 hit game. She was thrilled to be given the game ball for this! Thomas and I had our first co-ed game. We won, and it felt great to be back on the field. Last night we put on a dinner for 100 people. At least that was the number we were told to plan for. It ended up only having about 30 people there. So there was LOTS of left over food. Many reasons for the low numbers, but we did our job in getting the food there. And those that came said the food was great. I may struggle with ideas for family dinners, but give me big numbers and I can plan a great menu!!
Well that's about it. Things are continuing as usual. And Happy Birthday's out to my wonderful Mommy, Jeremy, Laura and Victoria. Hope your days were great!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment