Monday, June 23, 2008

I Gave In



Yep, I finally gave in and fed Nait some real food. We've been feeding him bits of bread and such, but just when we were out and just to tide him over until I could nurse him. I was putting this off, because I know that as soon as he realizes what food is, I'm going to be second best. He has loved every tiny morsel we have given him, so I knew it would be an easy transition. I was hoping to wait a bit longer, but he is reaching for everything that goes in our mouths lately and hasn't been quite satisfied after each nursing. So I gave in. This morning he had some peaches. He was okay with them, but didn't eat them greedily like I thought he would, but I had just nursed him also, so he wasn't really hungry. But this afternoon, right after his nap, I gave him some green beans. And those he did eat up. He really liked them and ate more than I thought he would. But thankfully, he still nursed afterward. Anyway, here are some cute first food pictures. My baby is getting old and if I could slow it down, anyway, I would!!


There is also a picture of the female Leopard Lizard Thomas found in the garden on Saturday. They are pretty hard to catch, and they are really pretty and smooth. We think she is pretty full of eggs. She is definitely the largest we've ever seen. We don't plan on keeping her very long, we want her to be able to lay her eggs. But she is sure pretty!!

1 comment:

MacLaurins said...

Hey Tami, maybe you should just not feed him.. he looks like he is doing okay. I'm kidding! I love that picture of Chey holding him cause it really puts in to perspective how big he really is, and dang girl, you have a chunk!!! He is so cute and precious I can't wait to see him. Love ya.

See Who's Been Lookin'