Well lots has been happening since school started. We had the little kids Open House last week. I spent 2 hours behind a table selling cookies for the Booster Club, Yipee!! I did manage to sneak away long enough to speak to every one's teachers. I had met them all the first day of school, but it was Thomas' first chance to meet them. He also talked to the principal about our concerns having Kallie in an advanced class and not Kassie. Their tests scores are both very high, and the only reason they both were not in the class was his hesitancy to place twins together. Thomas talked to him about our concerns and he promised to discuss them with their teachers and figure out a plan. After talking with Kallie's teacher, she was more than happy to bring Kassie into the class. She agreed with us that there very possibly could be a big learning gap by the end of the year between the girls. She talked to us about her plans for teaching at a faster pace than the other 4th grade classes, and combining some curriculum with the 5th graders. This really validated our concerns for Kassie being held back from her potential. Anyway, on Tuesday I called the principal to check on his progress discussing the move with teachers, and he was still waiting to talk with Kassie's teacher. But he said he was leaning toward moving Kassie after talking with Kallie's teacher. Then he called me today to tell me they had decided to move her, but wasn't sure when since they were just starting their testing schedules. But the teachers would decide when the time was right. The girls got out of school and told me the teachers decided to change today anyway, despite the testing, so Kassie joined Kallie in Ms. Musselman's class after lunch today. I was really surprised it all happened so fast. The principal is usually a bit more set in his ways to change so easily. I guess Thomas has some good points and the teachers helped too. Thankfully it all worked out and they will stay on the same learning schedule.
(okay, funny side note: I stop typing to feed Nait and as I walked into the living room to sit down Chey came down the stairs in her PJ shirt, jeans, shoes and her backpack and Xcountry bag ready for school. I looked at her and laughed and asked what she was doing. She asked what time it was and I told her 11:15 at night, she rolled her eyes and said, " you've got to be kidding me!" "Nope," I said. So turned around in a huff and headed back up the stairs. Funny girl!!)
Anyway, the next day the little kids didn't have school so we slept in. But they all did have dentist appointments. Another perfect check-up. No cavities for anyone. Kallie and Kassie were excited to hear they only have one more tooth to come in before they will take out their wire from their bottom teeth. And the girls all need sealants, but I have to check with insurance and see what the will cover before I agree to have all of them done. After the appointment I took the kids to Target to get pictures taken. I hate paying school prices for pictures, especially for 4 kids!! So we only purchased class pictures for each of them and took them to Target for "school pictures". Much better price, and probably much better shots!!
Friday Thomas and I had a SB game. It was a really fun game. Everyone was in a good mood. The wind was NOT blowing and the sun had gone down and it was nice and cool. We were 1 guy short so our friends 17 year old son came and played with us as "Mike". He did great. We won by a lot, which aggravated the other team and they threatened to challenge our eligibility because of "Mike", In the end I don't think they did, at least they hadn't when we left, and I think they would of had to do it before we all left the field. Sore Losers!!
We had a great weekend. We finally got all the weeds in the backyard pulled. After that we went up to Tahoe. We spent about 3 hours at the beach before being warned that the gates were being locked in 20 minutes, so we hurried and packed up to get out. It was so much fun. The kids had a blast with Thomas and it was so relaxing just watching everyone play. We stopped and got movies on the way home. Thomas and I watched Fools Gold. Very cute movie. And that's it for last week. Sunday is a day of rest and that is what we did, all afternoon!!!
1 comment:
Glad that it worked out for your girls to be in the same class! Twins shouldn't be discriminated against. :)
Post a Comment