











We have been reading a different Christmas story to the kids each night. I love sending them off to bed with thoughts of baby Jesus in their heads. We love all the different Christmas books we have. We have a few favorites. God Bless Your Way, A Christmas Dress for Ellen, The Inn Keeper's Wife, The Forgotten Carols, The Crippled Lamb, just to name a few. I try to get a new one each year, I'll have to start looking. Any suggestions on a good Christmas book the kids would like, with a good message of Christ?
Last night we put up the tree and decorated it. Everyone had a great time. Nait was a little frustrated with putting the ornaments on the tree. As soon as he got one, dad would help him put in on the tree, then he would cry until someone handed him another one, just to have to put that one up too. It was pretty funny. So far he hasn't tried to play with the tree or pull anything off, but I know it will come.
We kept the ornaments up higher than normal, hoping this would discourage him, we'll see. We are waiting to put any gifts out until Christmas Eve, no reason to tempt him more than necessary. This kinda dissapointed the older kids, but they understood.



My last item to finish is the Christmas cards. The Strong scrapbook pages are done, the pictures are finished, just need to stuff the envelopes and buy stamps. Then we really are ready to sit back and enjoy the rest of the month. Maybe someone should be pregnant or have surgery every year. It is so nice having everything finished well before Christmas. I am really going to try to do this every year. Even the gifts we had to send far away are done, thanks to mom and dads traveling this fall!
Hope you all are able to enjoy this time as much as I am looking forward too.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
2 comments:
You forgot to mention the lines at the ward party were longer than standing in line at Disneyland!! I think I may go to Disneyland next year instead!!!
Well, Tami don't be suprised if some burly man comes to your door with a white mustache that serves you some papers, or we can handle it the old school way. Just kidding, but I know now not to let you take a picture of me anymore. The lesson was learned on my part!!! If I don't talk to you I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!
Nat
Post a Comment