Thursday, January 15, 2009

An Evening Under the Stars

It has been so wonderfully warm the last few weeks, we decided to take advantage of it. Thomas was out burning odds and ends last weekend so we decided to have a camp fire roast. We invited the Fowler clan over and we sat in the yard cooking hot dogs, chicken, potatoes and smores. It was a really fun night. The kids had a blast and it was so calm and beautiful out.
By the time we decided to come in (it actually did get pretty cold) it was getting late but not wanting to stop the fun we put a movie on for the kids and us big kids sat down and played a game. We taught them Settlers of Catan. It was great. And I actually won. I think that is twice now, in the many years we have played. And I believe it is just Thomas' 3rd time not winning! The kids were great and all stayed calm and quiet. It was a really great relaxing night with really great friends!












3 comments:

Shannon said...

It was a blast! You and I look like we had been up for days! That is why I take ALL the pictures. Thanks for the very relaxing evening. The kids were great!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

It's always the spontaneous activities that are the most fun!

The Funny Farm said...

Dang, I wish I was the friend there playing with you... then neither you OR Thomas would have won at Settlers!!! :)

Sorry to hear about Thomas' job - man, so lucky that he got something fast though. My boss just told me today they are phasing out the local transcriptionists and going with a big company out of Utah... so in a few weeks I won't have a job either. God will provide.

See Who's Been Lookin'