Anyway, back to the weekend. After successful cleat shopping we drove through Washoe Valley to meet up with David and a few of his kids to go fishing. We met at Davis Creek. The USDF had supposidly just stocked the lake with fish the week before. Maybe they did and we were just too late in the day, or maybe their website lied. Either way, we got skunked. People that had been there a few hours before us had caught a few, but we never even got a bite. It was a waste of 2 hours if you ask me, but the kids had fun anyway. I did get some really cute pictures. It was a beautiful day. The weather was nice and the sun was shining on the snow covered mountains. Perfect!
After fishing we headed home. Thomas and I went to Fowlers to help finish up a long strewn out bathroom makeover. Shannon and I starting in on the living room painting while the guys finished up the bead board in the bathroom. We got a lot done in just a few hours. Then to reward ourselves we sat down and played a good game of Settlers.
Sunday morning came early and we went to church as usual. Thomas left after Sacrament Meeting so he could sleep before having to drive to Wendover to work that night. He took Nait home with him and they both had good naps. He left after we came home from church. It's just a 5 1/2 hour drive, but after the late night, the nap was necessary. He arrived safely and will hopefully be home Tuesday or Wednesday. Sunday night I had a meeting in Carson. I was asked to be the ward youth coordinator for the up coming Youth Conference Pioneer Trek. They had a meeting for all those going or involved that night. It should be lots of fun. Hard, but very rewarding. Thomas and I were also asked to go on the Trek as Ma and Pa in charge of a handcart and group of youth. We are really excited about this! We will wear pioneer clothing and everything! Chey stayed home with the kids during my meeting. My little mommy had everyone in bed and the house picked up when I got home.
Well, the weeks go on. Things will start to get pretty busy now. Broc has started baseball practices and the girls start this Saturday. Chey moved up an age group, so they can all be on the same team this year. It will be harder on my schedule, but nice to have sisters available at each game to entertain the Tank. I have a feeling he won't sit quietly in his stroller like he did through last season!
I'll leave with a few of our fishing pictures. Enjoy!











No comments:
Post a Comment