Friday, June 12, 2009

End of the Season

Yep, tomorrow is the last game of the season. Broc finished last week, Kallie and Kassie played their last game tonight and Chey finishes up tomorrow night. What are we going to do in the evenings?
This first week of summer has been pretty relaxed so far. We were all VERY disappointed that we did not make it to Tahoe this week. When we got up it was only 58 degrees here, which means it was in the 40's in Tahoe. The high that day was only 62 for us, so Tahoe was much to cold to sit around in swim suits. And the water is much to cold to be swimming in yet. We are all really hoping it is toasty warm next week, but the forecast isn't looking to promising. We broke records the past few weeks for days of rain in a row. It has still been thunder storming with rain almost everyday. Today was beautiful but another storm comes in tomorrow and stays till Tuesday. Now, I am not complaining because we will take every bit of moisture we can get right now, but it kinda puts a kink in the summer play plans. But, I am not complaining, and I am enjoying the cool temps, they are GREAT!!
As for the kids, they had their fair share of sleep overs this week. I think I am going to set ground rules of one per week, they and their friends/cousins can decided where and when, but just one a week. The girls have been awesome to get Nait up in the morning and let me sleep as long as I want. They all now the rules of chores and rooms done before play, so that is all going well. I could probably sleep all summer and things would run just fine! I just might try it.

Well there are lots of things coming up. Next week Thomas and I are going on the Youth Conference Pioneer Trek. We are really excited. The kids are excited to go to Granma's and then to Ginny's for a night. The trek is a 15 mile or so handcart trek at around 9000 feet elevation in 3 days. The youth 14-18 are invited. Thomas and I are a Ma and Pa for a handcart family and he is also a company captain in charge of a group of 6 handcart families. We will have 8 or so youth per family. We are really looking forward to it. It has been a lot of prep work so the reward of going is going to be awesome. More details after we get back.
Hope you all have a great June, enjoy!!

2 comments:

Matt N Karen said...

You like all the rain? You can have it all at your house! Sounds like your summer is starting great!

gordon, cindy and carter said...

Hi Tami & Thomas, I got your blog from Breanne's and it's so nice to have family updates! Your kids are getting SO big!! I can't even imagine that you have 5, how fun :) Take Care and keep in touch!

See Who's Been Lookin'