Things have been so busy around here I kinda forgot all about our blog, sorry! But I thought I should update things, before I get too far behind. I can't believe the summer is so far gone already. It has been non stop busy here, but it has all been so much fun. So, here are a few highlights from the last few weeks!
After K&K birthday we celebrated cousin Nathaniel's birthday up in Tahoe. I don't know why we even bother to come home from Tahoe, we're there so much, we may as well take up residency, if only we could afford it, right?!





That same weekend we finally got the swimming pool up and filled. We could not have done it without the help of the Fowler, Klein and Kling families. It was a definitely a multi-family job. But we got it done in one night and the kids have been loving it ever since!



The next week I flew to Utah, all by myself, amazing huh? I reunited with 4 of my roommates from my 2nd year at Rick's College. We were a very close bunch and we had a great 3 day reunion. We missed Andrea very much and wish she could have made it. But the 5 of us had a wonderful time, remembering old times, laughing till we cried, and catching each other up on our lives of the last 15 years.
After the reunion I met my parents and Nait in Pocatello, ID. We drove up to my brother's in Idaho Falls to visit them and meet the newest addition, Karlyn Lenora Klein. She is beautiful! Then we spent 4th of July with them and had a wonderful time. Nait loved playing with cousins closer to his size!
Nait and I took off Sunday after church and went to visit Grandma Strong and a few other family members that were home. We met Matt and Michele's newest, Megan. It was quick trip, but good to see everyone.
Nait and I came home that next Monday with my Dad, and granma stayed to play with the Idaho babies for a week.
I had a busy week after that trip. Getting ready for camp, had to spend a day at the lake, then on Friday, me, Chey, Shannon and her girls and Kylee drove to Sacramento for the American Idol Top 10 concert. We had a great time. The girls were so excited and happily called us the best mom's ever!! Shannon and I had a great time too. I was a very late drive back, I got home around 2:30 am. But very much worth it. It was fun spending time with just Chey. She deserved it for sure. While I was in UT and ID, she was the one in charge of the little kids. We gave her the option of having them go to friends houses, but she said they would all be happier at home, and she was happy to watch everyone. So for 4 days she took care of everyone while Thomas was at work. She did a great job and the house wasn't in to bad of shape. So she had definitely earned this trip.

So this last weekend was devoted to getting Chey and I ready for Girl's camp. We've shopped and packed and I think we are ready to go. I have to say a huge thank you, AGAIN, to my mom for watching the 4 little kids for most of this next week. Staci and Shannon will have them for 2 days also. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY AND FRIENDS EVER!!! So Chey and I are ready to go. It will be a very fun week. Chey will be a 1st year and I am in charge of the rock climbing wall. I'm just so happy to be able to go with her to camp for her first year. I know she'll be fine and love every minute of it, even if I wasn't there, but just be able to share this with her is so exciting. My mom was at camp with my sister and I, I think, every year. I can't remember a year she wasn't with me. I hope to be able to spend many years at Girl's Camp with my daughters!
So that's our very busy July in a nutshell. But don't worry, there will be much more to tell and many more pictures to share in another week. I miss my other kids already and hate to be away from them again. But I know they are in the best hands possible, people who love them as much as we do!





2 comments:
Wow, you have been busy. That is so fun you got to spend time with your college roommates. Love the picture with the bags...did a little shopping did we? Have fun at girls camp!!
wow,so busy having fun. That's awesome. Wish you would have had time to come and see our new baby too! I know... so much to do, so little time. Joyce is in Idaho Falls too... if I'da known I might have driven over there too. Tell me next time you're in the same state!:)
Post a Comment