Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year

Okay, so I am going to try really hard to be better at keeping this updated. I don't know what happened the last 6 months or so, but I've been really bad and posting. It will take a long time to play catch up, so I'm not going to even try.
In a very short summary:
November - we spent Thanksgiving with my Dad's family in Auburn. It was so nice eating outside and having such warm weather.
December - Kassie had surgery on her ear to remove a small growth. All is well and she is back to normal and her ear size is too!! Christmas was wonderful. All of my siblings were all together for the weekend. We had a great time and all 18 grandkids played together fabulously! Sunday after Christmas we had Ivey Soup Night with all my mom's families. There were about 80 or so of us with about 30 missing. Fun night!

January - Things are going to be VERY busy. Chey is in the middle of 7th grade volleyball tryouts. She is really excited about playing, if she makes the team. She's a bit nervous because she has never played competitively before. The 4 older kids are all playing city league basketball too. So Nait and I will be enjoying many hours of practices and games, while the kids enjoy many hours of doing homework in the gym or car.
Our hope for 2010 is that it is better than 2009. A steady job, a daddy less stressed and very healthy kids!!

1 comment:

Strollerblader said...

I hope you have time to squeeze in some meetings between all of your kids sports stuff...

I love this Michael Buble song!

Happy New Year! See you soon hopefully!

I hope I didn't offend you (or sound all rude) with my FB comment about you updating your blog. I'm just such a sorry excuse for a homemaker as I sit and read up on everyone's blogs! I've got to get my blog "fix" everyday!

See Who's Been Lookin'