Sunday, November 26, 2006


Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope everyone had a great day with family &/or friends. We have had a great week. I let the girls skip school Wednesday, so we would be ready to leave for my parents as soon as Thomas got off work. He was hoping to take the whole day off but had to finish up a job in the morning. He got home about 2 pm and we left soon after. We got to my parents about 6, after a few stops in Reno. Mom had dinner ready which was great because we didn't have to stop for dinner. Kristi and her kids were there too, so the kids all played for a couple of hours. When it got late Brooke wanted Chey to spend the night, which Kristi said was fine, then Broc wanted to go, so she said yes, then Kallie and Kassie felt left out so she said they could go too. Everyone was very excited. Thomas and I thought it was very nice of her to give us a quiet evening!! So mom, dad, Thomas and I played Hand&Foot for a couple of hours. It was fun playing a game without kids running in and out and wanting to play or interrupt.
The next day, Thankgiving, Kristi came back up about noon. The kids had all helped her make apple crisp that morning. They all had fun. Laura and their kids came about noon also, so everyone was there and the playing began. The kids played hard and long and were very tired out that afternoon. But they ate a wonderful dinner prepared by all of us and they were back to it. Finally we settled everyone down and put a movie on. The adults played a few games of Phase 10 and the kids came and went, someone wanting food or drink at least every 10 minutes. When we finished playing, Laura decided to stay there for the night. The roads had gotten really icey and she had a long drive on winding mountain roads. So the kids were excited again until I separated most of them so some would get some sleep. They were getting a bit tired and onery at this point. David had to leave at about 10:30 to get back to work by midnight. At least he got to spend some of the day with us and was able to play some games too.
The next morning we got up and got moving. We were headed back home early because Thomas wanted to get some work done at home. And Kristi and the kids were coming to our house for the weekend too. We made a few stops in Reno befor getting home. What madness. I rememebr why I don't go out the day after Thanksgiving. People are crazy!!! Kristi had a date that night with the brother of a man in my ward. It went well. They had dinner and went bowling. She said it was fun and they talked alot. I hate setting up blind dates, I feel so responsible for the outcome.
On Saturday we went up to Tahoe, well almost, actually to Spooner Lake and went on a 4 mile hike around the lake. We stopped several places around the lake to see neat things and take family pictures. Our first stop was to see who could slide a pinecone the farthest out onto the frozen lake. It wasn't hard enough to step on, except by Jet, we discovered our puppy's special talent. He can walk on water. He thought it was neat but a little frustrating that he couldn't drink it. It was also his first experience with snow, that was fun for him to eat also. Our next stop was for Kristi and Austin to climb a tree that had broken branches on the bottom, that looked like a ladder, it was so inviting to climb, they couldn't help themselves. We stopped just a bit later to watch a bald eagle flying over the lake. He was beautiful. Then we stopped in an Aspen grove and took our family Christmas picture. We found a few more spots to stop and take pictures after that too. It was afun hike. It took us about 2 hours, which isn't bad when you consider all the little kids we had with us and the stops we made. I am glad it wasn't much longer, the wind was picking up and the temperature was dropping quick. I forgot to mention that my dad drove up and went hiking with us also. After our hike we went to take our pictures to Wal-Mart. Yes, we have digital cameras, but we took the good family pictures with our good 35mm, they are a much better quality. We ate pizza while the pictures were developing and then went home and crashed. Except Kristi, she went out with Toby again. But the kids were tired so everyone settled in early.
Today was church and now it is rest time. I love Sunday afternoons.
This next week is filling up fast, actually the whole month is. I am glad we got all our picture taking out of the way early. Broc starts another session of swim lessons this week. I am hoping after this session I will feel confidant enough to take a few months off and wait until spring to do a few more sessions with the girls. He has learned so much I don't want him to forget it by summertime.
The other thing that has me busy is, I was put in charge of our ward Christmas party. So I have been frantically assigning out different responsibilities for that and making sure everyone follows through with their commitment. It is on the 8th, so I am stressed until then.
I hope eveyone has a wonderful upcoming week. As we get into Chrsitmas time remember it isn't the presents and decorations that matter, it is the love we share with others. Love, TTCKKB

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'