
The girls have had an exciting month too. K&K had a Christmas concert/program last week. They each had a small speaking part and they did very good. It was hard to hear all the speakers but we got the idea. They sang a dozen or so songs and told about Christmas in different parts of the world. Cheyanne had several activity day's activities. They had fun doing cookie deliveries, and making Christmas crafts. We spent a day shopping with the kids for each other and their cousisn, then went out to dinner and had a great day. Then last week we made desserts all sunday afternoon and put together 9 plates and delivered them on tuesday night. We sang a tweaked version of Rudolph for each family. It was fun, the girls were great singers too!! It was a cold night but we had a lot of fun. Broc had his last 2 swimming lessons for the year. He has had so much fun and learned so much, I am going to miss them. We had our ward Christmas party. That went really well. We had about 200 people show up and had just enough food, with only a bit of meat left over. Everything else was scraped clean, but everyone said the food was great and there w
as plenty, so I guess that was a success. Santa came and met with each of the kids, the young women acted as elves and kept the kids all entertained while waiting in line for their turn to see Santa. That was a nice time for the adults to talk without all the kids running crazy. The primary sang some songs and everyone had a good time. I had lots of help pulling it together at the last minute, I couldn't have done without everyone's help!!On a less seasonal note, the kids all had dentist appointments. The girls came out still with perfect records, NO CAVITITES! Broc broke our kids streak. He had one cavity. I have to take the blame for that. I was so much more involved in brushing the girls teeth myeslf until they were 5 or 6. But with Broc I have really slacked off and let him do it himself most days. So I only have myself to blame for his cavity. He went back in the next week and had it filled. He was sore for a few hours but fine after that. He also had his 4 year check-up and shots. The doctor is still amazed
at what a good and smart kid he is. He told me I was a boring patient because he didn't have any advice to offer us that he usually tells parents for things to work on or expect. I guess that means I know it all right!! I wish! But Broc did great until the shots came. We talked about it before saying it was going to pinch for just a minute, then it would go away. Well he got his tetnus shot first and those ones hurt! So he looked at me like I lied to him then she stuck him 2 more times. He cried a little but was fine by the time we left the room. It was the first shots he has EVER cried from, so I think I felt worse than he did!Well that's about it until after Christmas. We will be going to my parents after breakfast Christmas Day, weather permitting. We will probably stay most of the week. With both of my little sisters there, we want to spend some time with them. Ashley will be getting married on January 11th, and then moving to Georgia in the spring, so we won't see her much for a while. Everyone have a great Christmas and enjoy the ones you love!
1 comment:
Hi Strong family! I check up on your blog from time to time... I found the address on Breanne's site :) It's good to hear your family is doing so well. Your children are beatiful! I love to see their pictures. I hope you're having a great time in good ol' Nevada City for Christmas. We are enjoying being in Spain, but wish we could be home for the holidays. If you're intersted, our blog is: connellyfam.blogspot.com Happy holidays!
Post a Comment