Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Last Week of School

We are finally down to only 2 days left. I feel like we have been running nonstop all week. The girls have had a great time cleaning out their desks and going through all the work they've done all year. That is always the biggest battle this time of year, convincing them we do not need to keep evey journal entry, math paper and note from friends. So we will be going through the mountains of stuff that comes home this weekend.

On Monday I had my first Dr. appoint. Oh, for those of you who don't know, we are having another baby!! Yes, we are very excited as are the kids. They talk about the baby everyday and we have to look at my books to see how much it has grown over the past week. They are all so much older than when I was preganant with Broc, they are very curious as to what is happening to my body and the baby. Anyway, the doctor said my uterus was quite a bit bigger than it should be for 8.5 weeks, so he did an ultrasound. He said he only saw one baby, but Thomas doesn't really believe him, he thinks one is hiding. But for now we are only having one. The heart beat was strong and we could see it squirming around. We will have another ultasound in a few months. My due date is January 9th. I know, so far away!!

Kallie and Kassie's softball team had their party Tuesday night. They won a free pizza party for selling the most raffle tickets. They got their pictures back and each recieved a trophy with 1st place on it. They were so excited. It is fun to see them enjoy something so much. Especially because it is a sport that Thomas & I also really enjoy.

Broc enjoyed his last day at C.O.W. Bus on Wednesday. He was sad saying goodbye to Ms. Chris and Ms. Tasha, but they promised him they would see him next fall. He felt better after that. He enjoys his preschool so much, and is really looking forward to going back as one of the "biggest kids"!! While he was in school yesterday, I went to Sutro Elementary to register the girls for the new Elementary school. Quick update: A New school is opening this fall just 5 minutes from us. It takes 15 minutes to get to their current school. We tried to get the boundry lines moved to include us, a whole 1/2 mile, but they refused saying it would over crowd the middle and high school. That is a load of garabage, but whatever... Anyway, we tried doing it their way, applying for variances, etc. They then informed us that we would have to wait until the week before school started to find out if they approved the variances. Which is bull, because everyone I know who gets variances find out just a week or so after they have been submitted in late spring. Anyway, I was tired of playing their games and getting the run around, so we decided to rent some property from a friend of ours in the school boundries and use that address. I know it isn't the most honest way to go about it, but we are legally renting property, so it is all legal. I couldn't understand continuing to drive 15 minutes opposite the way I have to go, compared to driving 5 minutes on my way to my usual errands. Anyway, it is done and the girls are registered. This means Cheyanne will have attended 4 different elemenatry schools. Kallie and Kassie 3. Funny huh? And we haven't even moved that much.

Well, the rest of the week is busy too. The girls are doing their Fun in the Sun field day today. Tomorrow is the awards ceremony, each of the girls are getting literacy awards. Tomorrow night Thomas and I have a SB game and then on Saturday we have to register all 4 kids for fall soccer. Then Cheyanne and I are going to go to Gardnerville to watch her all-star team play in a tournement. They won last weeks tourney 5-0, and that qualified them to play in the world tournement in Modesto next month. So we are going to go cheer them on this weekend. Chey really wanted to be on the team, but after talking to the coaches and realizing they play 2 day tourney's Sat & Sunday, we made the decision not too. We have never allowed our kids to paticpate in sunday sports and it isn't going to change now, or ever. So she was a bit upset, but understood.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and start to their summer. Enjoy, I know we will!!!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'