Monday, June 25, 2007

Birthdays and Blessings

HI, I get bored with the templates really easily so I changed it around a bit. Things are busy here.
We celebrated Kallie and Kassie's 8th birthday today. We had a wonderful time and they enjoyed all the family and friends that were able to come over for dessert, about 35 or so.
Turning 8 is a big deal for us. First of all, you are now allowed to get your ears pierced, if you wish. ( Girls Only!!) But most important is the decision to be baptised and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The girls are very excited for their baptism on Sunday. They have been planning it for weeks. We are so excited that they are excited.

We have been really blessed with wonderful children. And just thinking about this new baby makes me so thankful for the knowledge and blessings of having Eternal Families. We have been wanting and trying for this baby for so long, I was beginning to wonder if maybe our family was complete and I was just wanting a baby for selfish reasons. But starting to feel some movement and the little life inside me reassures me that this baby was ment to be with our family. We are really blessed with a knowledge and the testimonies we have and are able share with others.

I feel like I am always learning from my children. They are such good examples to their friends and I admire their courage to stand up for what they know is right without being ashamed. They are so strong in their beliefs, which I find so amazing for their young age. I know we try to teach and live by gospel standards everyday, and I love to see that they are learning.

They comments we receive the more pregnant I look are so sad to me. Not that they make me sad, but that people can have such a negative perspective on a new life. I have never acted anything but excited and happy about another baby, yet some people just can't get past the financial/inconvenience of children. So So Sad!! I even faced this when I was pregnant with Broc, and it still amazed me the freedom people think they have to offer their opinions on our family choices. Thankfully we know that every life is a blessing and we are so anxious to met this new little one and enjoy the life and spirit we are blessed with.

Live is full and we love every bit of it!!! I wouldn't dream of having it any other way!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'