The last entry was on K&K birthday. We had a bunch of friends over after our softball game for cake and ice cream. It was lots of fun. They had a great birthday and are playing endlessly with their gifts, mostly their MP3 players. A few days later we went to Tahoe for our usual Wednesday trip. We had a little party their with their friends. Not as many people as usual came because of the big fire. It was fairly far away from were we go, but most people were afraid of the smoke. Thankfully we had a great wind day and didn't get a bit of smoke at all where we were, although we could see it across the lake. We also found out that day that my sister in law, Becca, had a baby boy. Tyler Jeremy Klein was 7lb. exactly and 20.5 inches. From pictures he looks a lot like his big brother Conrad. Congrats to them!!!
The next few days were crazy. The Carson City Stake leaders asked if we had any hygiene kits in our closets at church, because they were gathering things for the fire victims. I am sure most people didn't realize the Tahoe fire was in our stake. So we were involved in a lot of the victims efforts. Several people in our South Tahoe ward lost their homes. Anyway, since we didn't have any kits ready, we quickly sent out assignments and 2 days later had enough stuff donated to put together 75 kits. I was shocked at the response, although I shouldn't be, our people and ward here are wonderful and spring to action whenever asked to. SO we put kits together and found out a few days later they weren't needed. No problem, we have many other places in town who would be very grateful for them. But I was so impressed with people excitement to help!! Also that weekend Kristi and the kids came to stay with us. They met us at our softball game Friday night. Kristi played with us and Austin jumped in as a pinch runner for us. Not quiet 18, but the other team didn't mind since they were killing us anyway!!! Thomas and Broc and most of our other men players were on the ward father and son camp out, so we were a little desperate. The boys had a great time and caught some fish that they had for dinner. They stayed late into Saturday afternoon fishing for hours. Laura, Kristi and I took the girls into Carson City to go swimming on Saturday. They all had a great time. It was so nice having all good swimmers with us. I didn't feel nearly so panicky doing head counts every 5 minutes.
Well the next big event, and the biggest by far took place on Sunday. Right after church Kallie and Kassie were baptised. My parents, sisters and brother in laws, aunts, uncles, cousins and my granma all came from Nevada City to be here for them. We had many friends stay after church with us. It was a wonderful afternoon. The program was very sweet and touching. The talks were perfect and Kallie and Kassie looked like angels. They were so excited and so ready and prepared. We were so proud of them for this decision they made. I just can't begin to write down how it feels to have sweet wonderful children who are taking the steps necessary to be wonderful children of God.

After the baptism many people came over for dinner. We had a wonderful night, but had to call it early. Almost everyone had a 2.5 hour drive home to be at work the next morning. I am so thankful for the support and sacrifice so many people made to be here to support them. It means so much to have a wonderful family that makes supporting each other their priority.
Well, the next day I had a OB appoint. It went great. The kids came in with me so they could hear the baby's heartbeat. They all heard it well and got really excited. We are still checking the baby's size every week from several different books and looking at all the changes happening. It is very interesting to them, I love it!!
Tuesday Breanne and Blake decided to come spend the night so they could spend the 4th with us. David, Laura, Thomas and I met them in Reno that night and went to see Transformers. I was impressed. I really didn't have any desire to see it, but actually really enjoyed the movie!
On Wednesday, the 4th of July, we went to the park in Carson we have been going to for 4 years now. Mom and Dad met us there and several other friends and family. It was a fun afternoon of games, BBQ, eating, and playing. And of course the fireworks were good too! Mom and Dad stayed at our house that night, because the next morning they left for Idaho Falls to go see new little Tyler.
I took Kallie and Kassie to Reno with me the next day to get their pictures taken in their baptism dresses. They turned out so beautiful. I was really impressed with the photographer, she did a great job at capturing personalities of both of them.



The next 3 days were spent helping a really great family and some really great friends pack up their house for their move to Oregon. It is a great move for them, but I am feeling selfish and will miss her deeply.
Sunday our family was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. We were given to topic of obedience. Can you get much broader. We found simple things for the girls to each speak on and Thomas and managed to get our talks finished late Saturday, or early Sunday morning. All the kids did a great job. They are all excellent speakers and were not afraid at all. I guess that is one very good blessing that comes from being members of our church. We are raised giving talks and speaking in front of people, so even as a child they don't seem intimidated to speak in front of 200 + people. Even Broc said some things as a read them into his ear.
I tried to rest a lot on Monday, and at the same time get as much of the house clean and laundry done as possible, knowing I wouldn't get to it the rest of the week. Laura headed to girls camp for the week, Monday morning. So Tuesday morning before Alexandria left for camp, David brought the kids to me. The two older boys stayed at another friends for 2 days, and everyone else came here. Knowing I would have 5 extra kids the rest of the week sounded exhausting. But thankfully, and a huge blessing it was, Thomas ended up not having to work Tuesday or Wednesday. So today, we all went up to Tahoe and had a great day. It thundered and showered and the wind blew, but we stayed and had a great time. The water was wonderful and the kids never minded the weird weather. Thank goodness for EZ ups!! Between showers they played like crazy. And it was so cloudy it never got hot at all. Funny to say a rainy day at the lake was wonderful, but it really was!! Thomas took about a dozen or more kids down to the rocks to catch crawdads. They came back with 4 very small ones. The big ones were to fast they said. I think they were too afraid to grab them!!
Well that is a quicky update of the last few weeks. I will try to keep them more recent and shorter too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment