Sunday, July 15, 2007

ER update

Well, we were suppose to take him back in 2-3 days later if the quarter hadn't passed. It didn't. But due to the fact that I had 9 kids all day Thursday and Friday, it was a little impossible to take him back to the ER. And since he wasn't in any pain or discomfort at all, we figured it could wait a day or two. So finally, Saturday afternoon, I took him back. The xray showed it was still in the same spot is was on Tuesday. The PA told me she had her opinion as to what to do, but she wanted a few others. So after talking with the radiologist and the gastro-interologist, they decided to give it a few more days.
I guess the next step is sedating him for a CAT scan and then most likely for a scope down his mouth to retrieve it. But they wanted to give it more time just in case it found it's way out. And they didn't want to subject him to the radiation from a CAT scan unnecessarily.
Well it is Sunday night and it hasn't made an appearance yet! The other interesting part of this is the lack of change in his poop. We have been giving him a RX laxative since Tuesday, and after a few days of not seeing any change I doubled the dosage. Still no change. This boy has bowels of steel. We have been feeding him as much fruit as he wants, but since that is really really normal around our house, it hasn't made a difference either. Our kids could live off of fruit alone and never get sick from it. I guess their bodies are just used to it. Even giving him lots and lots of watermelon hasn't changed a thing.
So Broc and I are back to the ER in the morning. I am hoping we can get it all done early in the day and be done with this thing. But we will keep you updated on what happens. Poor Broc is really feeling guilty about the whole thing. Anytime anyone makes a joke about it or asks him what he learned, his immediate response is, " I really learned my lesson". And that just makes everyone laugh. So the excitement continues...

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'