Well it is the end of our week at my parents. I think Thomas is ready for us to come home. It has been really nice being here and not having so many things demanding our (my) attention. The first part of the week couldn't have gone better.
I took Broc back to the ER Monday for another Xray. It showed to quarter had moved pretty far down into his bowel. So at that point it was on it's way out and we were so happy not to have to do anymore procedures. So the kids and I took off that afternoon and came to Nevada City. Tuesday I had to go to Urgent care in the morning to take care of a UTI. For those of you that know what it is great, for those of you that don't, you don't want too!! After that I have drank about 5 gallons of cranberry juice in the last few days. I am feeling much better after the juice and a few days of amoxicillon. Wednesday I didn't leave the house and only showered to get back into my PJ's. The kids were perfectly happy to just play outside and in pool all day.
Thursday I ventured into town for a few things and helped my mom teach a canning class at the church that night. Friday I went out a little more and visited my Dad in his new office.
Saturday my mom, Breanne and I went down to Babys 'R Us and got here registered for her shower. She wanted to me come along to help with the stuff she really needed and tell her what stuff was neat, but useless or unnecessary. It was a fun afternoon. We had to hurry back because Dad had bought tickets for the Rodeo that night. We took Austin, Brooke and Cheyanne and left the younger 3 home with my bro-in-law Blake for them to uncle sit. He had his ACL repaired on Thursday so was out of commission for a few days.
We have had a great week of pretty much doing as little as possible. Tomorrow we were going to go home, but my hair appointment was cancelled from Saturday and the soonest they could get me in was Tuesday morning. So we'll stay until then. I'm okay with another few days of limited responsibilities. We miss Thomas, but he seems to stay really really busy whenever we are gone. Only coming home to sleep. I know he misses us too, the house is just to quiet.
And the food isn't nearly as good!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment