Monday, August 20, 2007

Wow, so much to Say!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had updated this. I am so sorry. We have been crazy busy and having so much fun.
Since the last time, I will update the fun and significant stuff, all the in between could get a little boring.

We finished up our spring coed softball season. I was happy to be able to play the whole season. I wasn't sure how I would be feeling, but I made it and wasn't to worn out because of it. Although each game I got a little slower running and a little more sore the day after. We started fall season this last friday, I had to play so we wouldn't forfeit. I did better than I thought I would. It is a good thing I can hit the ball far, because I sure can't run very fast. The umpire wouldn't let me run the bases so I had to get a base runner for each time I was on base. I played my usual position at 2nd and that was actually easier on me than running to first!! It was a fun game and we won!!

The first weekend of August my mom's side of the family, the Ivey's had a family reunion in Tahoe. We spent 3 fun filled days playing with cousins. It was great for our kids to spend a little more time with my cousins kids. They all know each other pretty well, but we only see them every couple of months. So to be able to play for 3 days straight was great for their friendships.

The next week the kids and I went to my parents again for several reasons. I had promised them we would go to the county fair there this year. Their fair is really fun and has lots for everyone to do. So we went on Wednesday with Brooke, Austin and their cousin Trevor. It was great to have 4 big kids. Chey, Brook, Austin and Trevor took off on their own and checked in with me every couple of hours. It was nice for me to only have Kallie, Kassie and Broc. Although K&K are big enough to ride the big rides they weren't ready for them yet, so we stayed in the smaller rides area and they all had a great time. Broc was a bit upset that he wasn't quite big enough to go on a couple of the rides he wanted to. The sad part was he could have with an adult, but because I was obviously pregnant they wouldn't let me take him, and they said K&K weren't old enough for him to go with them. It was sad, but we made up for it later. Kristi, Breanne and Blake met us later. We saw all the animals and ate lots of yummy food. Then Blake took Broc on the one ride he really wanted to go on with an adult. It all worked out great. The kids were great, the weather was great, I was exhausted. After 9 hours of walking and eating and taking pictures, my body had had enough!! But it was very much worth it!!!

A few day later was had a baby shower for Breanne. It was wonderful. Lots and lots of people came and we really had a great time. She received lots of great things and Blake is worried the baby is already spoiled and not even born yet. The baby's name is Kennidi, and she is defiantly loved a lot!!! We are very excited to meet her in a month or so.

This last week we have stayed pretty low key. Just stayed around the house, except Wednesday of course. Cheyanne's birthday was Monday and mine was Tuesday. We really didn't do much of anything for either. We had all been sick over the weekend and still weren't feeling well. I promised to make it up to her later. She was excited about her presents, a new stereo and headphones.
The kids have played well and I have slept a lot. Cheyanne and I went school shopping for her on Saturday. She found a lot of unique things. She prefers it that way, she really doesn't like to look the same as everyone else. We really just shopped the clearance, because we didn't want to buy winter stuff when she won't be needing them for a couple more months. It was a really fun day, just the two of us. We don't get enough of those.
Kallie and Kassie and I are going to go shopping for their school stuff this week. I asked if they wanted to go alone and they both prefered to go with each other. I was glad to hear that, one less shopping trip for me!!
We have been to Tahoe every Wednesday we've been home. I am sad to think there is just one more Wednesday before school starts. It is such a nice relaxing day for all of us. We are defiantly going to try and make it up a few more times after school. Thomas likes to go with us then. It is cooling off and the beach is really empty.
Well, the next update will probably be about the start of school. This summer has gone so fast and we have had a great time. Now, back to the scheduled days and busy afternoons.

We are getting faster internet, finally, this Thursday, so I will update the photo albums then. We have lots of pictures to post of all the fun and exciting things we've done in the last month!!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'