It has been a pretty calm weekly, thankfully. Broc was able to get together with some friends to play and they were all very happy and gratefully to mommies to make that happen. Sometimes I just can't be thankful enough for the good friends we have. Broc little buddy Avery is such a joy, and those two together are the sweetest things. Most people would think when 2, 4 year old boys get together for the day things can get crazy. But they play so well, and they are so polite and easy, I forget they are here, expect when they are politely asking for food, which is every 30 minutes. Or when they are racing from upstairs to the basement in search of a single missing Star Wars guy, yes, they know everyone we have and which are missing! We had a satellite guy here most of Wednesday when Avery was here and he was amazed at how good they were. Even when I told them it was time to clean up so we could pick up the girls and take him home they hurried and cleaned and didn't put up a fuss about having to leave. I know the credit goes to his parents, whom I love, but I am so thankful for good friends for me and my kids!!
Yesterday while the girls had soccer practice, I had been feeling pretty sore all day so I stayed in the car and Broc went over to the playground to play. During their 90 minute practice he came back to the car 5 times to check on me, not check in, but check on me. He would climb in the van put his hand on my tummy and ask if the baby was being nice and if I was feeling any better. Then he's kiss me, get a drink and go play again. He was born with such a big heart, it isn't something you can teach. His sweet little spirit he was born with is one of the most tender I've ever known. Don't get me wrong, he is still a little boy and comes with all the energy, silly noises and crazy movements, but underneath all that he can't help but be so kind and loving.
Right now he came down and asked if he could paint, surprised I said yes (I'm not a fan of paint or play dough and the mess that comes with it) he gave me big hug and said, "Thanks mom, I love you!" Followed by a big kiss for me and one for the baby. I hope he is able to teach his little brother the tenderness he possesses and the empathy for others he has. What joys little boys are!
No comments:
Post a Comment