Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I must be growing!

I must have gotten pretty big in the last few weeks. Just this week 4 elderly ladies, (by elderly, I mean at least 80 or so) have looked at me excited and commented, "Any day now honey." When I tell them I still have 2 1/2 months the next comment is, "Well surely it's twins." Then I respond, no just one, but I've had twins and I was much bigger than this. I think that pretty much leaves then speechless and I get the look of pity from them. I try to reassure then that I have been pretty big with all my kids and that even makes the pity worse when they learn this is number 5! I feel bad for making then feel bad, but I kinda think it's funny. They are trying to be sweet, but when they learn the truth then just don't know what to say. Even close friends tell me they are surprised how big I am. I guess since this is the first pregnancy since we've lived here our friends here don't expect it. I don't think I am that much bigger than I was with Broc, although I have kinda forgotten, but I am much larger than I few people we know due about the same time. Oh, well, I can promise I will still get much bigger!!

A fun thing happened the other night. I was already in bed when the kids were ready for prayers and bed. So instead of going upstairs then all climbed on our bed for prayers. The baby was really active right then, so after prayers I told them all to be still and watch my belly. Just as soon as they were all looking, like on cue, the baby started making waves. They all squealed with delight. They had each felt the baby, but to actually see my belly moving around was pretty entertaining. They watched for a while and each put hands on and felt a bump or two. It was fun to see their excitement. As the days get closer they are all getting more anxious. Many more questions, more concerns about how I am feeling and and how the baby is doing and how much he is growing. They will all be so good with him. 10 more weeks!!!

Well soccer is winding down. We don't have games this weekend because it is Nevada Day weekend. The round-robin tournaments are the following weekend, then were through. The girls pizza party is tomorrow after their practice and I've scheduled Broc's team party for Monday after their practice. I think I am going to enjoy the afternoons off for a while.
Tomorrow Broc's preschool is having their Halloween party. He's pretty excited. He found a dragon costume months ago that he loves and can't wait to wear it. I thought it was perfect because it is all fleece top to bottom with a fleece hood, perfect for late October right? Well maybe last week when it was on in the high 30's. This week it has been in the 70's, so he's pretty much gonna roast in the thing!! I don't think I can talk him out of wearing it, but I'm going to give it a try.

Last weekend when mom and dad were here, Mom finished up the girls costumes. Every couple of years I talk her into making our costumes. They are so much cuter than the ones we can come up with on our own. And of course she does a fabulous job and the kids love them. She made a poodle skirt for all the girls, Chey's for Halloween, and K&K for the 50's themed daddy daughter dance at the church next month. For K&K she made jumpers for them to be Little Red Riding Hood and Dorothy. They turned out so incredibly cute. I can't wait to put everything together. All that is left to find is baskets for both of them. She also made these huge, full capes for them to wear. I know Dorothy didn't have a cape, but LRRD did and Kallie needed something to keep her warm, so our Dorothy is wearing a cape! They girls are all really excited to be able to wear everything this weekend. Saturday night at the church is the Trunk or Treat, so we get a trial run at the costumes before the actual day. Then I will be able to see if I am missing anything. Such a fun Holiday!!

Well in other news, I was called to be an Achievement Day Leader. It will be a fun calling since the girls are already there. And it will be an easy calling to do with a new baby. I am looking forward to working with all the 8-11 year old girls!! Thomas also got a new calling this Sunday. He is the new Elders Quorum President. He is excited and nervous at the same time. It is a big responsibility that takes a lot more time than he has ever had to put in, so there will be some changes going on for him. I know he will do a great job.

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'