Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sweet Broc

I've learned it is impossible to turn down a sweet 4 year old when all he wants to do is help. He has realized in the past few week that it is getting harder for me to go up and down the stairs, and also to get up off the couch. So we've been having family prayers downstairs in the living room more often and then Thomas tucks everyone in bed upstairs. The other night, Broc asked me to tuck him in and when I asked if daddy could do it, he said yes, but me too. I told him mommy was really tired and didn't want to go upstairs, so with all the love he has, he told me he would help me up the stairs. At first I kinda giggled, but then, he went on to explain how he could help me. So he lifted my hands and "pulled" me up off the couch. The he held my hands all the way to the stairs, walking backwards. He walked all the way up the stairs backwards, while at every step lifting his arms as strong as he could to help me up the next step. It was the sweetest thing. When I tucked him in and gave him a kiss, he offered to help me back down the stairs and then come back and tuck himself in again. He is such a sensitive soul. I can't wait for him to be a big brother and teach all his kindness and sweetness to his little brother. He will be such a great example. He told me this week that he was really glad he didn't start kindergarten this year, because he needed to stay home to help me and take care of the baby when I was tired. He said that one day a week preschool was enough. I'm really glad he's home one more year too, I'd be so lonely without him.

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'