


A few posts ago, I raved about how sweet Broc is. I know I have really good kids, but every once in a while the girls remind me how special they really are.
Yesterday was Thursday, late start at school, like every Thursday. I knew Chey had decided to shower in the morning, so when I heard the shower turn on at 8am, I didn't bother to get up yet and I turned off my alarm. We don't have to leave for school until 9:30, so I was in no hurry. I didn't realize I was so tired. Next thing I know Kallie is gently waking me telling me it is 9:20 and we need to leave in a few minutes. I momentarily panicked, then realized the house was quiet. I asked her if everyone was ready and she said they were and they were outside riding bikes until it was time to go.
I got up, dressed and pulled my hair into a ponytail. When I walked into the kitchen, it was spotless. Lunches had been made and packed, breakfast was fed and cleaned up, and the dishwasher was even emptied and that mornings dishes were already put in. I went outside and everyone was ready to go, even Broc was dressed and playing. They had all pitched in and decided to let me sleep. Our bedroom is only 20 feet from the kitchen and I never heard a thing after Chey getting in the shower upstairs.
They all gave me a good morning hug and asked if I had slept good. I raved about the kitchen and how wonderful I had slept and thanked them all the way to school. Sometimes things get so crazy I forget what absolutely wonderful kids I have. They all have the biggest hearts and love to surprise me. Cheyanne is so incredibly responsible and mature at times it scares me, but I know it is a trait she was born with for a reason. It is times like this that I am so grateful for the many blessings each of them bring to our family. I would love to take some credit for them, but really I know that they were all given to us with so many wonderful qualities and we are only attempting to teach them and love them the best we can. They are our greatest blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment