Friday, October 12, 2007

They go by so fast

Our weeks seem to go by faster and faster. We took off for Nevada City last weekend to see Kennidi. She is a beautiful baby, and so good. The nurses, some who we've known for many many years, were nice enough to look the other way when we brought our kids in. I am so glad too, the kids were as anxious to see and hold Kennidi as I was. They all had their turn and loved every minute of it. Then daddy took them out to a movie while I stayed the rest of the day and held, kissed and loved our new baby. Our family always seems to refer to every baby as "ours." Even my aunts and cousins, I love it!! It was much to short of a weekend, but it was worth it getting to spend a couple days with Kennidi and my family. To update her condition, the doctor found ecoli in her blood work, so they decided to keep her in the hospital for 3 weeks for antibiotic treatments. They could have done an outpatient program with shots everyday, but the side effects of the one shot a day compared to a continuous IV drip weren't worth it. SO Breanne had been able to become a "border" at the hospital. She can come and go as she pleases and has her own room. They feed her one meal a day, but she can't shower or use any medical equipment there. It has worked out nice for them, she is there as often as possible and sleeps there so she can feed Kennidi all day and night. But she also has get out to shower so she isn't just sitting around in bed all day either. Her release date is the 23rd.

This week went by so fast I have to stop and think why. Broc had swimming and preschool. It is amazing how good a swimmer he is. He just loves it too. His name was picked at school to bring home the class critter, (aka a stuffed animal of their choosing.) He picked a cute bulldog and has named him Bulldozer. We have to keep a journal of what Bulldozer does with us all week.
The girls had the usual school, piano and soccer. They let me sleep in again Thursday morning. Although they weren't quite as quiet this time, I still enjoyed the extra hour. Cheyanne stayed home with me Wednesday night, I was hosting Bunco, to help care for a couple of kids that had to come with moms. She is such a good babysitter. And she loves it! She had the whole upstairs ready for them with activities, snacks, blankets, movies etc. And she did great. She didn't even hesitate to stay home even with dad taking everyone else to pizza!

I had to appointments this week. I finally found a chiropractor/kinesiologist I really like. He did a wonderful job at putting my hips back in line. They have been hurting for months. And he realigned my back so my right leg stopped going numb. He suggested better arch supports to help keep things in line. He pointed out I have very weak feet/arches. Unfortunately I already knew and have been working on it for years. It runs in the family! Tuesday I had an OB appoint. All is well. He was glad that I had finally gained some weight. It would have been nice if the extra I had just shifted over to what I needed, but I guess I had to start gaining at some point. 6 lbs at 6 months isn't too bad. The baby is moving lots and he defiantly prefers my right side, so I am a bit lopsided. 27 weeks and counting!!
Thomas has been working lots, as usual. He does make in home in time when we really need him. Although I have a feeling that is going to stop pretty soon. He told me they were needing to get in some overtime to stay caught up with the concrete guys. So he worked late Thursday and most likely today and possible have to work Saturday. I won't complain, the company has been great to us and the money is good. They really appreciate Thomas and his knowledge and hard work ethic, so they keep him in on all the important, running out of time, need to get it done quick with no mistakes, projects. He does so good under pressure!! I was very grateful he got the driveway cleaned up, the boat moved and the trailer parked out of the way. He had also got almost all of the garage cleaned out so I can park there during the winter. I am so grateful for his hard work, I have defiantly been spoiled and have gotten really used to it!!
Well I guess that is about it for this week. We have softball tonight. The kids are excited to go, we had them stay home last week because the game didn't start until 9 pm and it had been raining and snowing and winding all day, they would have been miserable. But tonight will be better so they are coming with us. I really miss being able to play, but it is fun to sit and cheer and coach. We have such a good time each week, no matter how the game turns out. Even in the cold, the wind and the snow.
Have a great week y'all!!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'