We had a wonderful weekend In Nevada City. It was fun to play and relax with my family. We went out Friday night with the adults to a nice restaurant in Grass Valley called Canes. I was really impressed. It was very good and a wonderful intimate atmosphere. After that we walked around Cornish Christmas for awhile, until I couldn't walk or shop anymore. The kids all stayed at my parents house, all 12 of them. And they all did really well. Austin does a great job looking after the younger kids, but mostly they are all old enough to basically care for themselves. But he did an excellent job being "in charge".
Earlier Friday after the kids helped my dad clean up the pine needles around the yard he took all 12 of the to the Dollar Store and gave them each $5. They thought that was the most fun thing ever. They all came home with the funniest combinations of items. Lots of guns, swords and tiaras. The girls wore their tiaras for the rest of the weekend while having gun battles with the boys.
Saturday we had a fun afternoon at the park. We met some of my moms family there and played softball and football for a couple of hours. There were lots of us, ages 7 weeks to 90. All the people physically able to play did and the older kids did a great job helping the little kids play and have a great time.
Sunday after church Kristi met us at Pioneer Park and took our annual family picture. They turned out great, she does such a good job at getting the kids attention. I'll get some posted this week, hopefully.
Weekends like this remind me of the awesome family I have. We have been so blessed to live close to, and grow up with family all around. I know I complain sometimes, but I am so grateful for the love they all show for me and my family. It is truly a great blessing, and one I hope my children will enjoy as long as they live. I can't imagine not being around them or having so many people to love and support us. We are so thankful for family!! And love 'em all!!!
Well it was back to school this week and the girls are working hard. They are all trying to get their few B's up to A's. We had a talk about putting in your best effort and slowing down on their work. It seems to be working, and they are noticing the difference themselves. Chey is really focused on reading as much as she can. If she can log 7000 pages by the end of the school year, they are recognized and given an award. We kinda broke it down into months and she realized she had a lot of reading to do. Luckily, she enjoys it very much!! And she is a fast reader who understands and retains what she reads. A good combination.
Broc is back in swimming. We hesitated to sign up for this session, with is so close to Christmas and the baby, but decided to, just to keep the momentum going. I am so glad we did. He and his friend Avery are the only ones in the class. So they are getting much more attention and teaching than ever. They are in the deep end of the pool now, so there is no bottom to float down to and push off of. Also they are having to learn to tread water longer and float to rest much more too. They will get more out of this session than any others. And they love all the individual attention, not to mention the fun they get away with too!!
Thomas and Broc are feeling a bit sick this week so they are taking it easy, as easy as possible anyway. Thomas tells me the basement rooms will be done by Christmas, but I am starting to doubt. I hope they are, but we'll have to wait and see. This month will go by so fast and next thing we know everyone will be here for Christmas and then we'll have a new baby. Maybe then I can get some rest...
No comments:
Post a Comment