That seems to be the way we are thinking week to week. Everyone in this house, me especially, is very anxious to have a baby to hold. I had a really bad cold all last week, and since I couldn't take the "good" medicine it was a very long week. By the end of the week my sinuses were starting to hurt, so I called the doctor and got some antibiotics so it didn't get any worse. The medicine helped some, but the cough and congestion is still lingering. My stomach muscles are so sore from coughing for a straight week. Hopefully I am on the mend. Everyone else seems to be doing okay. Thomas keeps getting little things that come and go in just a few days, then he picks up something else, so he has been really tired. The kids are all fine, of course.
My mom and Virginia Rath felt sorry for me this last week and came over for the day to decorate my house. My Christmas decoration had been sitting in the dinning room for 2 weeks and I just hadn't foun the time or energy to put them up. After whining to my mom how sad it was I hadn't got them up, they decided to come do it for me. And they do such a better job than I can. It all turned out so pretty, I love it. And they wouldn't let me do a thing, so I just sat there and watched them work, all day long. They really took all day, because it had to be just right!! And it is, they even put up the shelf I had been wanting to hang in the 1/2 bath for a long time. I love my mom and Virginia, they are so wonderful and I and my family appreciate having our dinning room table back, and a beautiful home to bring in the peacefulness and spirit of the season. THANKS!!!!! I love you.
Also this week my daddy turned 60. We called and sang and tried to make him feel old, but he didn't seem to care. He said 60 isn't to bad, but another 10 years at 70, sounds really old. Anyway, Happy Birthday Daddy, we love you!!
I had another checkup today. All is well, baby is growing well, despite my lack of weight gain. My strep B test came back negative which really suprised me because it has been positive with all the other kids. I also was told I need to get up to the hospital soon to preregister. I had forgotten all about doing that with the other kids. So sometime this week I need to do that.
The girls Christmas concert was last Thursday. They all knew their songs really well. It was very fun to watch them all sing. A couple of songs they made a circle around the audience and sang in "surround sound". The sad part of these concerts is the lack of respect and manners so many parents lack. It amazes me how rude adults can be when children, their children, are trying to perform. I got so frustrated with a family sitting behind us, they were so rude and disrepectful, and encouraged it from their older kids that were sitting with them. It is really sad to know these kids aren't learning how to act properly in public. They are actually being taught exactly how they shouldn't act. Anyway, I guess that is to be expected and all we can do is be good examples and teach our children the right way to act. It was a great concert anyway!!
Saturday we had our ward Christmas Dinner. It was fun to not be in charge of anything this year. I brought my salad and rolls and sat down and enjoyed it. The kids got to see Santa and they sang some songs they had been learning in Primary.
Broc finally caught on to the backstroke last week. He was really struggling keeping his head back and belly up to float, and something just clicked last week and now he is swimming 4-6 laps without help or stopping on his back. Today they went back to side breathing and working on that some more. Wednesday is his last lesson of this session and he has a break until January 28th. It worked out nice that they didn't start up winter lessons until the end of January. I should be back on my feet and feeling pretty good by then.
Well that's what's new. Thomas is working hard as ever and trying in his spare time to get the basement ready for everyone next week. It will be ready, just to what degree of ready I'm not sure, but at least sleepable!! His real job has him working 6 10's so he isn't home until later. And that is if there isn't anyone else that needs him for an hour or 2 or 3 after work. So many things going on, but it should slow down in a few weeks, I hope!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment