Today Nait had his first check-up. He is back to his birth weight, 8.1 and has grown an inch to 20 ". He is perfect is almost every way. The only issue we have to deal with is his tongue. He is still having a really hard time latching on, thank goodness I have good milk, and lots of it. His tongue is tied almost clear to the tip. He can only reach his tongue to the inside of his lips, so it makes it really hard for him to get a good grip on me. And yes, it hurts! So his pediatrician referred us to a ear, nose, throat doctor to have his tongue clipped. Hopefully we will be able to get in soon.
After his appointment, we went to the hospital for his newborn screening and second PKU tests. He did not like this at all. They had to prick his heal and fill 3 little tubes. He didn't mind the prick, it was the squeezing and rubbing to get enough blood out that he screamed during. And I mean screamed. It was very sad, he almost lost his voice. We were all glad when it was over.
So the rest of the day he has been pretty fussy, but mostly just wants cuddled. And I'm okay with that.
Broc spent the day at Avery's. He always has so much fun there, much better than going to 2 doctors and some shopping!!
The girls had a good day at school. Chey started her 3 days of 5 th grade state writing assessment. She is really concerned about doing well enough to please her teacher. She understands she can only do her best and if she does, Mrs. Peterson will be happy with that. She also had her first night of basketball evaluations. She was excited to go and get started. She will be with the same coach as last year, so we are happy with that. And because he already asked for her again, she doesn't need to go to the next evaluations on Wednesday night.
This weekend the kids and mom and I are going to go to my parents house for the long weekend. I had my 2 week check-up changed to Monday so we could go home so the rest of the family can meet Nait. The girls don't have school Friday or Monday, so it worked out well. We are going to leave here Wednesday afternoon so mom can make it to her 2 appointments on Thursday. Thomas has several side jobs to get done and he will most likely have to work Saturday also, so he said it was probably a good weekend to go since he would be so busy. I'll have to remember to take it easy still. I am feeling really good so I tend to over do it, then get really tired. Mom reminds me to slow down and sit down. What would I do without her. Probably never get better, or at least not for a long time. She'll come back with us on Monday and hopefully I will get the okay to drive so we can get back to a normal schedule. She has been wonderful. I love having her around and ever though she isn't use to our busy schedule she does it all happily. I don't know how new mom' s get through it without mom's around. I am very very blessed!!
Breanne and Kennidi have been here for the past few days also. It's been fun playing with them too. Kennidi is such a happy baby. She smiles and laughs and coos so much. The kids have been very entertained by her. She is only 3 months older than Nait, but it seems like so much more. Sad how fast they change and grow. She was the little baby, but seeing her with Nait she is so much bigger. Chey has loved having Breanne here too, she does her hair so much better and more stylish than I can. She loves it!!
I guess that's about it for now. It seems like the past few weeks have just flown by. I know the time goes so much faster with a baby around and I just want to savor each day and enjoy him. He will grow so quickly and I want to remember this wonderful time with him and the rest of the family. Remember to enjoy each day to the fullest and love your families with all your heart. The time passes to fast and we don't want to look back with regret.
No comments:
Post a Comment