
Yep, that's what the Doc tells us it is. Everyone except Chey and Nait are suffering with it. This brings to an end our 5 year healthy streak. Though Thomas and I have been sick a few times, the kids haven't been to a Doc for sickness since before we moved to Nevada. Crazy huh? And I probably would have let this go on for a few more days before I took them in, but with Nait in the house now, I didn't want to risk it. Anyway, the 3 kids have had fevers of 103 + and barking coughs and really bad body aches since sunday night. I have a cough, and Thomas ached a bit yesterday, but he said he is feeling better today. The odd thing is the Doc said that he hasn't seen any infants come down with this virus, wierd huh? I guess if we were going to get something it's nice it's the one that isn't affecting infants. Chey seems unscathed also.
Well before we got sick, we had a wonderful weekend.
Kristi and the kids and their new puppy Kodi, came over Friday night. They met David and Haydn in Reno so Austin could go snow camping with our scouts. Then Chey and Brooke went to Lauras for the night and Victoria stayed here with K&K. They all stayed up and watched movies.
Saturday morning Thomas and Laura took all the kids sledding up at Spooner Summit. Kristi, Nait and I went to Reno for some shopping. It was so fun to spend the day with just my sister. I don't know how long it has been since she and I spent a day just the two of us. We got home just in time to get dinner thrown together for our bonfire. Thomas had just gotten home too. After sledding he took the kids that were at our house and went back behind some hills and let them shoot things. Broc had made a rabbit cutout he wanted to shoot and the other kids just wanted some target shooting. The Klings and David and Fam came over too. It was fun to sit around the fire and roast things. Kristi made a great chili and the kids had hotdogs and Staci made some fabulous brownies with ice cream and bananas. It was a fun night.
Sunday Kristi and Thomas went to church with the kids, except Austin and Kallie. Neither one of them were feeling great. Nait and I are still staying home for a few more weeks. Too many yuckies going around at church. That afternoon Kristi, Brooke, Austin and Kodi left and Kallie Kassie and Broc went downhill from there. So we have been watching lots of movies and drinking lots of water and Propel since then. Chey had a BB game last night we all went too. Only because we barely got her there on out way home from the Doctors. So we had to stay so she and Thomas could get home. KK&B were miserable the whole time. But Chey played her best game yet. She scored several times and got lots of rebounds and played an excellent defensive game. the team struggles because all their plays are for 5 man team and the team we were playing only had 4 show up, so we played 4 on 4. So they struggled with the adjustment but did great for a bunch of 10 & 11 year olds. Today we are jsut staying home and letting everyone get as much rest as possible. Broc didn't wake up until almost 11. He asked for breakfast after we get back from school. He was laughing when I told him I took Chey a long time ago and left him here with K&K.
The week before we had some fun things happen. Thomas finally got a company truck. He was really excited to be ableto save the mileage and wear and tear on his truck. But after driving the little Ford Ranger for a day, he really misses his big roomy truck. He's hoping this truck will be temporary and he'll get a big one eventually. That same evening we picked up the truck in Reno, we took Nait to JCP to get his pictures taken. He cooperated perfectly. No smiles of course, but he loved looking right at the camera or into the lights beyond her. Thomas and I had a nice dinner together, we considered it our Valentines dinner since we knew we wouldn't be going out the next night. We got home later than we had planned, and Chey said everything went well. Everyone else was asleep and she was reading in bed waiting for us to get home. She is so responsible and we really appreciate her eagerness to help out. She will be a fabulous babysitter for others also in a year or so. That was the longest and farthest away we had left her, and she did great.
On Valentines Day Thomas brought me home a beautiful Orchid. He knows I love them. And though they aren't really great at our climate, they do well inside for a few months. We gave him a card from me and one from the kids and some peanut M&M's and another chocolate fish that said he was a "keeper". We got pizza for the kids and picked up Chinese for us. It was a sweet night in. Who needs a big fancy resturant!!
Well off to dose out more Motrin. Hope those who were around us this weekend don't come down with this too. Sorry if you do!!
I'll leave you with some pictures we took this week. Also a few of Naits shoot. Have a wonderful week.




No comments:
Post a Comment