Thomas, I thought it would be much harder for him to relax and have fun, but it wasn't. He was very relaxed and easy going the whole time. It was great to see him playing with the kids and not worrying about work, or time. He isn't a very good navigator either. Or, I should say, we have very different ideas of navigation. We always got where we needed to be, but most of the time it was with a few heated comments and a bit of frustration. I think we both changed our ideas a bit to work better together, so that's progress, right?
Cheyanne, This girl continues to surprise me. She will always be hyper and a bit out of control, but we found a good consequence for her ability to control herself. She had to carry the backpack around for a certain amount of the time, depending on how many times we had asked her to settle down that morning. She learned real quick that carrying the pack wasn't bad, but it wasn't fun either. What I learned about her, she can be very unselfish and put others happiness before her own, especially when she sees how much something means to someone else. She was very often leaving choices up to the other kids or saying she didn't care either way on a decision so others would be able to do what they really wanted to. I know that shows she is growing up and maturing, and I love it and hate it both. My little girl is getting big!
Kallie, was a little more timid than I thought her to be. She was also more attached to Kassie than the other way around, which I would have thought it to be opposite. She was more hesitant on some of the bigger rides, but usually okay as long as she got to ride with Kassie. Some times hiding behind Kassie or holding Kassie's hands in front of her (Kallie's) face.
Kassie, she surprised me with how much she enjoyed the scariest rides. She loved all of them, and thought the scariest parts were the best parts. A girl after my own heart!! Another things that shocked me was how many facts she knew about so many animals. I knew she reads, ALOT, but the info she has retained is amazing. She knew so much about so many different types of animals. And could even name a few that Thomas and I were unsure of.
Broc, my wild and crazy guy, became very shy. It was a little unsettling at times. He so wanted to be a Jedi, but he was very quiet and looked scared once he was up there. He said he loved it, but I think it was overwhelming for him. He was also a bit shy when it came to meeting the characters. When we were waiting to see Capt. Jack we were joking to Broc about trying to take his sword and see what he would do. This actor playing Jack Sparrow was amazing. He had Johnny Depps body language down perfectly. Broc was to shy to mess with him. he was okay walking up to take a picture but would hardly to talk to anyone, and if he did it was very quietly.
Nait, I learned he CAN be patient and CAN go more than 20 minutes without being held. But that was obviously just on the trip. He is back to his demanding loving, self. And even worse. The whole trip, I was tired at night, when Nait would wake up, he usually stayed in our bed the rest of the night and snacked whenever he made a sound. I got more sleep that way. Well, now he thinks he needs to sleep with us and have little snacks throughout the night. So we are back to forming old habits. He'll get back to were he was eventually!
And me, I learned I need to plan more vacations for my family. Even little ones that don't cost too much. We need to make more time to spend just us, playing and relaxing. We spend a lot of time as a family, but it usually at ball games or working around the house. My goal for this summer is to spend 2 Saturdays a month exploring the area we live in. There are so many neat areas around here.


No comments:
Post a Comment