Well a while ago we lost or beloved Leo the Whiptail Lizard. I hadn't a clue it would be so traumatic for Broc. He was crushed. He buried him out behind the garden and I find him up there quite often. When I asked what he was doing up there he said he was saying a prayer for Leo. So sweet! Well yesterday Broc came flying in the house talking faster than I could understand. Wait, back up...
A few days ago Thomas caught a female Leopard Lizard. She was bright orange down her sides and very full. We weren't sure whether it was full of eggs or a fresh meal. Either way, when they are that orange they are fertile. So the kids knew we could only keep her a few days. We let her go Wednesday night. Back to Broc...
He finally slowed down enough to tell me he caught a male Leopard Lizard all by himself. He first grabbed it by the end of the tail and the tail broke, so he said he "got brave" and grabbed it right behind the head where it couldn't bite him. Yes, they bite, but don't really hurt. He was so super proud of himself. He finally got to the part of asking if we could keep him. I couldn't say no, he had done this all by himself and was so happy. So we have a new house guest. His name, well, remember it's Broc's lizard. His name is Mace Windu. Yes, we can call him Mace for short. He is very proud of his first solo catch!! Pictures soon, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment