We have had so much fun outside the past week or so. Of course the past 2 Wednesdays we have been at Lake Tahoe. Despite the smoke from California, we have thoroughly enjoyed our Wednesdays. Last week we stayed until 6:30. Today we didn't leave until 7:30. It is just so yucky hot down a few thousand feet, we stay at the lake as long as we can. I guess yucky hot is relative to where you are reading this from. Yucky hot here is anything in the high 90's or 100's, which are not real often. It is always at least 10 degrees cooler at the lake, so we take full advantage of our day. All of my semi- local family came for the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time at the fireworks and picnicing earlier in the day. We played football, baseball and the kids played lots of other games. Saturday we spent the afternoon in Virginia City. Blake had never been there so we did the touristy thing. Sunday we had a Family Home Evening with Breanne and fam, Kristi and kids and David and Fam. It was really fun.
The beginning of this week, I think I slept through the first 2 days. I must of been beat from the busy weekend. Nait was up more often during the night also, so that didn't help. Oh, he cut his other bottom front tooth on Friday night too. Today, Wed, we spent at the lake. So that's about it. We've been busy, but fun busy. The weather has been great until the last 2 days ( too hot). It will be better in a few days again.
My only real complaint is the nasty infestation of a horrible little black beetle. They are everywhere. They come in on your clothes. They come in through the stove vent at night. My strawberry plants looked like they were crawling themselves. Thomas has sprayed, but they only last a few days, so by the time you know they are here, you spray, or don't spray and they are gone again in a few days. But this is the second time in the last few weeks, gross!!!!!
I'll get pictures of our last few weeks up tomorrow, hopefully!
1 comment:
Ewwwwww! I hate bugs! Yeah, I wish I could come to Carson to go shopping for the book. Or, just for the heck of it. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one dreaming of Edward. Randy is reading Twilight. He thinks that there is parts of the book that are not written very well. Miss Ya! Give the kids a big squeeze for me. - Jess
Post a Comment