I hate and love these kind of weekends. There was so much going on, I felt like it was over to soon, but we enjoyed some of it.
Friday morning Nait had his 6 month checkup. He weighed in at, less than expected, 21.10 , yet, over 100 % and was 27 3/4 inches, 95%. He received 2 shots. Always so sad. After that, I told the kids we would go to the library and report for the summer reading program. Well, the library doesn't open until noon on Fridays. So we had 2 1/2 hours to waste. We spent most of the time at Borders, where Broc was a bit out of control, and was having issues listening. By the time we got to the library I was on my last nerve. Thomas got off work at noon and wanted to go out for lunch, so we met him. That was when my last nerve was severed!! We headed home while Thomas stopped to check on a side job, and I put the kids to work. They knew better than to give me a hard time by that point, but it was already to late. I took off to meet a friend to help her shop for camp food, leaving just before Thomas got home, telling him to keep them working all night if they kept up the attitudes. That night we had a softball game, and I was not in a very good, actually really bad mood. The kids were having some major manner issues earlier in the day, and I thought they needed to stay home from the game. Thomas worked it out with them, and since I was already in town with a friend, he decided to let them come. That made me not so happy!! I was already rather annoyed with a few other things that had happened earlier in the day. Why is it that because I happen to own something, it gives some people the thought that they can borrow it anytime they want, just so they don't have to get one themselves. I've struggled with this for quite a while now, and it is really starting to get to me. I don't have a legitimate reason to tell them no, other than, life isn't a free ride and you should work for what you want. That is what we have done. So by game time, I was not happy!! To add to it all, Thomas had to be at work at 4 am that morning and promised he would get home to sleep before the game, and he didn't. So I knew he wouldn't pitch a very good game, or have good at bats. Not that winning is everything, but when he is playing so tired, he's not very graceful and tends to get hurt, (concussion). So every pitch I worry. By the time the game started I didn't want to talk to anyone. And then, I ended up playing terrible, which just added to my already horrible mood. The only redeeming play of the game for me was my toss to second for a double play. I didn't even get on base. I've never played such a terrible game! By the time my sister got there about half way through, I was ready to quite. But since we have so many people who commit to a team and then don't show up, I had to play. My baby was fussy and hungry and I had to leave him with my daughter I was not happy with so I could play a game I didn't want to be in!! Good start to an evening, right!!
Well, after the game, Thomas, knowing I shouldn't be around the kids sent me home with Kristi. He picked up pizza and dropped the kids at Fowlers and some of us adults met a 1st and 10 for dinner. It was really nice to sit and talk and watch some ball games so I could calm down before going back to the kids.
Saturday was better. In the morning we had signed up to clean the church. That took a few hours, but it was nice and clean and ready for Sunday. After cleaning up ourselves at home, Kristi, Nait and I went into Carson for a few things. It is always nice to spend the day with my sister. We did a bit of shopping had a good lunch and went and had pedicures. It was wonderful, and Nait was great, sleeping through half, then flirting with all the ladies the rest of the time. He loved the attention. I met Thomas back at the church for a baptism of a sweet girl who has been coming to church for a while. After the baptism, Shannon wanted to go to VC for ice cream. But since neither of us had eaten dinner, the boys decided we might as well make it dinner too. We went to our new favorite place in VC. It is a cute, hole in the wall place, with less than 20 tables. The food is fabulous and the desserts, absolutely wonderful. It was great to sit and relax after a busy running weekend with great friends. Best of all, their oldest, Kaeleigh convinced me to leave Nait with her. He had just eaten and was pretty tired, but he had just gotten shots and was still bothered by new teeth. But she insisted he would be great so I gave in. It was great not worrying about him. And she did great with him. When we got back a few hours later, he was sound asleep in Brynn's crib. We came home to a pretty clean house and 4 kids in bed. (Kristi had gone to movie with D&L). I was very thankful for Chey's attention to cleaning up after dinner.
So today, I was patient with the kids getting them ready for church. Everyone was very cooperative and things were great. After church, they ate quickly and we all enjoyed a few hours of quiet rest. The kids know Sunday afternoon is rest time, until 4:30. They were silent the whole time. And I had my quiet too. Knowing I would never be able to sleep tonight if I napped, I finished my book in peace.
So I know my kids aren't perfect, and sometimes they can really forget everything we've tried to teach them, but with love and patience, they come around. We love them and will continue to teach them by example, guidance and expectations. I just pray for patience when I really need it. Life can't be perfect all the time, of it was we wouldn't know joy without the sorrow. So be thankful for your challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment