
Well we are almost finished with our first week of the school year. Everyone seems really happy with their classes and teachers. Broc was thrilled to have 3 good friends in his class. Kallie was placed in a 4/5 combined class due to her high placement test scores. Kassie would have been in the class also, but they won't put relatives together. And since Kallie's scores were a little higher she got the placement. Kassie has a teacher who is new to the school. I think she is in her first few years of teaching. She is very young, but seems very energetic and excited. Kassie really likes her. Kallie knew her teacher from last year and was excited to be in her class.
I was a little late picking up Broc the first day. I forget how difficult Kindergarten schedules are. But we will adjust and have a great year. I plan on helping at school quite a bit this year. Shannon and I are going to trade kids a few days a week so we can be at school without little ones. Cheyanne is excited to get immersed in her new school. Changing classes and being challenged should be good for her. So far she really likes all her teachers and is very comfortable around the older kids. She started Cross Country on Tuesday and is loving it. She seems to be very good at it. She caught the coaches eye today and he talked to her about her times and her age. He was impressed she was only in 6th grade. And very excited to have a successful team this year. Nait had a rough few days. He was so confused with the quiet house and stuck with only me. Of course we spent wonderful time together, but he was SO SO excited to pick everyone up each day. He would shake and squeal as soon as they opened the van door. I think he will get used to having just me, and will always be excited to see all the kids again.
I am so happy with every ones teachers this year. We are excited to get into the daily grind of school and everything else. Piano will start up again soon, as soon as I get myself in gear and my schedule figured out. I am sad to see them all get a year older, but so excited to see them learn and grow each day!
2 comments:
Hello,
Yah, you don't know me and I hope you don't mind that I'm leaving a comment on your blog (you can always remove it!). I actually went to school with Tom (Thomas) and by a fluke came across this blog. If you don't mind, and he wouldn't mind, I'd like to say hello to him. Please just send me an email
1charlotteloveland@gmail.com if it works that you're ok.
Thanks,
Char
Oh my gosh! Broc's in kindergarten! I still picture him in diapers! Tell him I said that!
Post a Comment