Friday, August 8, 2008

Shakespeare


A few weeks ago Thomas and I ( Nait too ) spend an evening at the Sand Harbor Shakespeare Festival. We watched a performance of A Mid Summer Night's Dream. We had a wonderful time. The play was great. The seating/views were unbeatable. Even though we were in the very back, so we could walk Nait if necessary, we could still see and hear just fine. We had views of the entire lake and watched the sun set over the lake behind us. We brought in a picnic dinner and even brought a bottle of Sparkling Cranberry Juice. We fit right in with all the cheese and wine people there!! Then when the performance started we snuggled into our blankets, put Nait to sleep and enjoyed a romantic night. I will admit, Thomas had worked a very long week, and took a few short naps. during the slow parts. It was a 3 1/2 hour performance. It was nice to have a romantic evening with my best friend.
The next week, the kids and I went to another performance of A Mid Summer Night's Dream, just for kids. They shortened it to an hour and changed some, not all, of the dialouge so the kids could understand it easier. They also explained the story line to the kids before hand so they would understand what the story was about. The actors at both performances were all in modern clothing. It was fun afternoon also. The kids really enjoyed it and asked if we could go to another performance next year. I'm glad they understood it well enough to enjoy it. I forget all the cultural opportunities we have around here that we don't take advantage of. We'll have to start looking for more new experiences.


For info on the Tahoe Shakespeare Festival go to http://www.laketahoeshakespeare.com/

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I Love that first picture!
they are all great pics.

Anonymous said...

o father like son!! I miss you guys!! i need to come see you right away!! :(

See Who's Been Lookin'