Friday, August 8, 2008

Missing my CheyB


Since she was a baby we called her Chey baby. It was eventually shortened to CheyB. And it stuck. I still call her that, and I miss her. She left on Wednesday to go to Twin Lakes with her friend Sabrina and her family to their cabin. She will be back Sunday. It is weird having her gone. Besides just normal missing her, I realize how much I depend on her to help out, especially with Nait. She may be a little headstrong most of the time, but she is so much fun to have around too.

I have left the kids many times for weekends, even a week here and there when I went to camp with my mom. But I have never had one of them leave me, for more than a night or too. I don't like it so much. It makes me realize how old they are getting and how independent they are. Which is a great thing. I am happy we have raised children who are confident to go out on their own and comfortable leaving, knowing their family is here for them when they return. I just think ahead to things like EFY, sports camps, girls camp (next year) and not very far away, college. It goes to fast. I miss her, but I know she is having a great time, so I am happy for her!!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'