Yep, my mom came and stayed with us last weekend. I was all excited, we had planned on making some skirts for the girls. It is almost impossible to find them long enough and appropriate for church. Anyway, on Thursday night she was finishing some blankets she had started at home, and the surger decided to not work. She rethread and played with it for quite a while, but it just wouldn't cooperate. So we thought we would get it in to the sewing machine place on Friday and hopefully get it back. That didn't work so after buying all the stuff for the girls skirts we had to put it off until Halloween weekend, since that is the next time we will see each other. She told me she would take them home and get them done, but the whole reason I wanted her here to do them was to teach me. So the lesson is postponed.
The weekend over all did not turn out as planned. While shopping on Friday I started feeling pretty yucky. I had been fighting allergies and a cold all week, but it was turning into a sinus infection, so we hurried and ran to urgent care so I could get on something before the weekend. While in the Dr.'s after they took my temp, which was normal, I got the chills, really bad. By the time I left the Dr.'s and we went across the street to pick up my Rx, I was shaking so bad I couldn't walk or talk. We got home and my temp was 102.4! It spiked in less than 30 minutes. I curled up on the couch and downed some Advil and slept for 3 1/2 hours. I was so thankful to have my mommy there!! She picked up everyone from school and kept everyone quiet while I was sleeping. I woke up feeling much better, but definitely not playing softball that night. Thomas took everyone but Nait to the game and mom and I stayed and watched TV.
The next day was Candy Dance, the other reason mom came. So I was not missing it. And I did feel lots better, still kinda yucky, but not enough to stay home. So mom, Nait, Staci, Avah and I when to Genoa for the Candy Dance Craft Fair. We had a great day. I was warm but not to hot and we found lots of cute things. We met up with Shannon and her girls and mom there also. The babies were so good the whole time. The took naps and were perfect for hours.
We made it to the church for the RS broadcast, just a few minutes late. Then after we went to dinner at Chilis. That is were the babies had had enough. While waiting for our food they both decided they wanted their beds. We ate fast and got them home and in bed. It was such a fun day. And for being sick, I felt pretty good all day, but I was really tired.
I stayed home from church the next day so I wouldn't get anyone else sick. Mom and Thomas took everyone. I slept for a while and caught up on The Unit Season 2. I had to finish it before the new season started that night!! We ended up watching it all day to finish before the new one started. It was nice to just sit and rest all day, and the kids were great to keep things down and quiet.
On Monday mom and I decorated my house for Halloween. It took most of the day, but it turned out really cute. Everyone was excited when they got home. The decorations always looked a little bit better when mom has her fingers in them. She tweaks thing I wouldn't think to tweak.
After we were done she headed home. I was sad we didn't get the things done we had hoped, but we had a really fun weekend anyway. And I was so grateful she was there to take of me and my family while I was sick!! Thanks MOM, I love you so so much!!!
2 comments:
That is what mom's are for and you have a great one!
Love,
S
Hey Tami, how are you guys? Just thought I would say hi. Your sister is so cute. She sent a little note along with the cd from the wedding.
Post a Comment