Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy Weekend










So the following weekend we kept really busy. Friday night was our last co-ed softball for the fall. It was a really fun game. We played a good team, so it wasn't a blowout and we all played well and had so much fun. No one got hurt, always a plus, and we ended up winning, barely. Even though the umpire had friends on the other team and he gave them another inning after time was up so they had one more chance, we held them with 3 up 3 down!! Everyone had left all the kids home, except the babies, so we didn't even have them to distract/entertain us. After the game, we all went to dinner at our sponsor, 1st and 10 Bar and Grill. It was a very fun night. We ended the season 5-3, not bad, but bad enough to keep us in the easy division!! Just where we want to be!! Only 5 more months till spring starts!!

After a very late night with the team, Thomas and Cory got up around the 4am hour to go fishing. They had been planning this for a couple of weeks and were determined to go early so they could enjoy the early fishing. They had fun and brought home 9 yummy fish.
While they were gone the kids and I had a serious hear to heart about the condition of my van. I am so tired of it always looking like a dump site. It seems no matter how often I tell them to pick up everything they see before coming in the house, it still doesn't get completely clean. So after a little talking to and planning, we headed to the garage to clean, top to bottom, front to back, inside and out. Well, 3hours later, my van looked wonderful. Everyone was assigned an area and job, then that was checked and corrected by mom, then I shampooed the whole van after everyone was done with the windows, side walls, dash, pockets, latches vacuuming and mat scrubbing. They assure me this has taught them to do a better job at picking things up in the van. We'll see how it goes, but for now, it is SO nice to have a very clean car!!
That night was the Ward Trunk or Treat. We had a chili and cornbread potluck before hand. I brought some Taco Soup and kept it at our car, because I knew my kids would eat it, and I insisted they ate a whole bowl before getting candy!! Thomas and Cory met us there and helped get kids ready and decorate cars. The kids had a great time with their friends. We were all very tired by the end of that night.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

great costumes! your kids are Beautiful!!

Natalie said...

I think I might have to sue you for putting up a bad picture up of me!! It's not a close up so I will let it slide for now!! Hope you had a great halloween. I will catch up with you later.

Natalie

See Who's Been Lookin'