Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can't sleep

SO I know I should be sleeping, it has been a very long day, but I can't. I can usually sleep okay without Thomas, but tonight, knowing he is probably in pain, and having a hard time breathing, I can't go to bed. They kept him at the surgery center for one night, which I am grateful for, he needed nice people to baby him for one night! After all, he has to come home to me tomorrow, me, the one who has a horrible time dealing with sick people, yes, even my own kids! I don't envy him at all. This is why we are all SO thankful granma came for a few days. My only hope of sanity is knowing our Christmas shopping is done, and by then Thomas will be all better, sleeping and breathing better than ever! It was sad seeing my big, strong strapping husband lying still, yes still, I know unheard of for him, in a bed. He was pale and tired and it hurt to talk, so he didn't much. I just sat there watching TV, holding his huge hand thinking what a little boy he resembled there. And being so thankful for the hard working, strong, funny, faithful, sarcastic and responsible man, father and husband he is. I truly was blessed to find him.

So to catch some of you up...
Thomas had a nasal septoplasty, bilateral partial inferior turbinectomy, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (yes, one word, spelled correctly!!) done this morning. Basically he had his tonsils removed and his uvula reduced & his nasal passages cleared and opened. It has needed to be done for probably 20 years. He had severe sleep apnea and very minimal breathing through either side of his nose for a very long time. But being the hard working man he is, it has taken me years to convince him to see a DR. about it. At this moment he is probably regretting it, but I promise in 2 weeks, he will be thanking me. Please keep him in your prayers over the next few days and weeks, and me too, for patience, sympathy and more patience. The wonderful blessing he received Sunday night puts me a peace. I know he will recover quickly and correctly and I know this needed to be done now. Timing with work worked out well, and with Thanksgiving this week, that was one less day they would have been working anyway. Now if I can keep him from trying to go back to work to soon, or from driving us all crazy hanging around the house without being able to get "jobs" done, we just might survive this.
I really do love my man, very much. And I am thankful he has finally had this done. Now I am the one who needs the strength to be kind, patient and loving to a grown man in pain. Lets throw in a little extra patience, I need all I can get!!
Maybe I can go to bed now. Tomorrow will be another long day filled with patience testing moments!!

2 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

Tell him he is in our prayers. I about went nuts when Hunter had back surgery - he was grouchy! Remember it's the pain and probably the drugs talking, not your hubby. Smile a lot, give him lots of back rubs, feed him all his favorites and don't remember a grumpy thing he might say.

staci kling said...

Don't worry about Thursday, Jason and I can give you a break. Jason and hang out with Thomas and I with you. Thomas is in good hands with you! Just remember how grateful you are of him and serving him will get easier. Good Luck you are all in our prayers.

See Who's Been Lookin'