Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Feeling Better

Yep, Thomas is feeling a little better. He is still sore and needs medicine more often than he would like, but he is on much less than the Dr. thought he would be. He is actually taking 1/2 doses and that seems to be working just fine. He just hates the feeling of drowsiness and is trying to avoid that. Today we saw the Dr. He took out the pads in his nose so he can breathe again. He actually said he can breath better now than he ever remembers, sad huh? And he still has stints and some other tissue still in, and he can breathe better than ever? Yeah, he really needed this done. He is realizing just how bad it has been for SO long! His throat is feeling pretty good, depending on what he's eaten. And for now he is doing great. He is still planning on going back to work Monday, but he has to be completely off his medication to drive, so we'll see if that happens.

In other news, Nait got sick last night for the first time. I think it is mostly teeth, but something else came along and gave him a really high fever. He woke last night around midnight and was at 102.6! Then a dose of Motrin and and hour later he was at 103.4! I woke my mom thinking I was going to take him into the ER. But she thought we should try to cool him off with a bath first. I hadn't even thought of that. We did and it worked a little. His temp went down to 101. He kept looking at me so strange wondering why he was in the bath at 1:30am, when he was so tired and should of been in bed. Other than the fever he was acting fine. Eating, drinking, playing...with a really high fever. After the bath and some mama juice he went to bed until 6. But he woke with a temp of 103.6! I was starting to slightly freak out. I paced until 8am, then called the Dr and took him in first thing. Again, so thankful mom was here to stay with Thomas and take the kids to school. The appointment went as well as possible. He seems completely healthy besides the high fever. Ears look great, throat is normal, minimal drainage. So he put him on a mild antibiotic because obviously something is going on. We are keeping him on a Tylenol/Motrin coarse until the antibiotic kicks in and the fever starts to break. The sad thing is he is so happy and acting so normal, but when you feel him or kiss him, he is so hot. I think we finally got it to subside a little this afternoon. He's sleeping good right now. I'm hoping he doesn't wake up hot again. This is the first time he has ever been sick, and he isn't really noticeably sick.

So that has been our few days. Mom left around noon and got home safe, but sick. She woke up sick this morning and her drive home was less than enjoyable. I tried to get her to stay but she needed to get home to prepare for tomorrow. But now that she is home she realized she is really sick so she can't/shouldn't prepare food for tomorrow. That is what wonderful daughters are for. I can't say enough about my mom. She is just that, everything you would think and hope a perfect mom would be. She is my best friend and biggest supporter, yet my most gentle critic, which I am so thankful for. I am thankful every day for her wonderful example and love in our lives. I was truly blessed with goodly parents.

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'