Friday, November 14, 2008

What A Day

SO, I have to sit and write this out just to prove to myself it is as bad I I feel it is. Probably won't make much sense, but it has been one of those days where nothing has gone as planned.
Starting at 6:50 this morning as I drove down the driveway to run Chey to the neighbors, who takes her to school, I noticed the thump thump, and realized I had a flat tire. So Chey ran in to grab the truck keys, as I attempted to limp my van back up the driveway, without success. So I parked it as far off our road as possible. The tire wasn't just a little low, or kinda flat. It was down to the rim, FLAT! So we jumped in the truck and headed to Austin's, in the mean time, the window was icy and foggy and I lost a contact on the way. I'm surprised I made it home without hitting anything between the 1/2 blind state, the foggy window and the sun glaring at me. Luckily it's only a 3/4 mile drive.
As I pondered what to do while talking to Thomas about it, our wonderful neighbor Ben stopped when he saw the can on the side of the road. He had the van jacked up and lug nuts loosened before I could get down the driveway with the air compressor. I was just going to blow it back up and limp it up the driveway. He was sweet enough to put on the spare for me. Thank you thank you!! Just so you all know, I am very capable of changing a tire by myself. But after watching Ben (6'5" 280lb.) bend his wrench loosening the nuts, I was pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to do it!
So I got to little kids to school on time in the truck and came back to get ready so I could take the van in to fix the flat. Then the school called and said Kassie was vomiting! Fabulous! So i scrapped the van plan and ran to the school to pick up sicky, and her twin, because she was sure to get it eventually too. Better at home than another one sick at school. Problem was I was suppose to watch a friends kids while she had a prenatal check, sorry Staci. So she had to change her plans around too.
So now I am waiting for Chey to get home, so I can leave K&K while I go get the tire fixed. It usually wouldn't be a big rush, but we have to leave a 7am tomorrow to get to Sacramento for my cousins wedding! AGH!! Now Thomas just called and said he isn't feeling great either. Well, all the better. I would rather he and Kallie got it over with today and not tomorrow in the car or at the wedding! I am very thankful right now it had been a very fast illness of the rest of us. Here's hoping the next two are so lucky! And to the rest of my day, going as sorta planned!

2 comments:

heatlight said...

I feel your pain! The vomit monster visited us last week too! I think the nasty bug lives at church. Hope you all feel better!

The Funny Farm said...

I think we all have to have days like that to appreciate the good ones! Hope the next few are better for you!
Love ya!

See Who's Been Lookin'