Broc finally moved all of this things to the basement. He has been asking for that room for years. Before it was even a room. Thomas has slowly been working on it and finally made it livable last week for my mom. She likes it down there where it is cool and dark. Broc started sleeping down there as soon as granma left. Last night Thomas put in the closet rods and some shelves so Broc spent the whole evening tonight moving his clothes and animals. Since we don't have a dresser down there he has promised to keep things organized on the shelves. He is so excited to have this room. His friends have told him they wouldn't sleep down there, but it hasn't detered him. He loves it!! There is a small baseboard heater down there so it keeps the room toasty. His room upstairs was aginst the coldest part of the house and didn't bring in the fireplace heat so well, so it was often colder than the rest of the house. He doesn't mind that there are no closet doors or permanant carpet. We duck taped the underneath of all the left over pieces we had and made a pretty good size piece. It isn't padded nor does it fill the whole room by far, but he still loves it! Tucking kids in on 3 different floors takes much more time than before, but we'll survive.
What this means for Nait... Come Christmas vacation he is going upstairs to his room. We are waiting until then so the kids aren't disturbed and tired in school by being awaken with his crying. I have severely spoiled him by letting him stay in our room almost a year. It is much easier to pick him up and nurse him rather than let him fuss during the night, so he wakes much more than any of the other kids ever did! I can't complain too much because I know it is my own doing. But the end is coming and it won't be pretty. I think the girls will be taking up residence in the basement for a while.
2 comments:
Yeah Broc!! I just looked at your blog 10 minutes ago and this post wasn't up yet. I really should be in bed ~ seminary driver:( Ugh... I did catch your comment. Jenn does have good taste. I remember her liking that version when we were kids. I miss you! Talk to you in the morn.
S
I've always kept our babies and crib in our room until they turn 1. There's nothing wrong with that! But I can imagine it will be a relief to have your room back.
Post a Comment