I forgot another positive result from Thomas' surgery. The Dr. warned us he would lose quite a bit of weight. And as most of us do, he had some to spare. (though we love him just the same!!) The kids started guessing just how much he would lose and decided to make it a contest. The winner gets to pick the flavor of shakes dad makes when he is all better. So I would never reveal his starting weight, as I would not want mine revealed either, but I will tell you every ones predictions.
Broc: 16 lb
Kassie: 20 lb
Kallie: 14 lb
Chey: 15 lb
Granma: 5 lb
Mom: 22 lb
Dad: 12 lb
As of tonight, the 2nd, he is down 16 lbs. So the only ones left in the contest are Kassie, Broc and I. He is still far from eating normal, so I am pretty sure I'll win. We'll keep you updated. Thomas is determined to keep off what he loses. Sleeping better will help, and he's going to start running with Chey. He went back to work today and said it was rough. He was really tired by the time he got home, but added it felt good to be moving and working again. Gotta love a hard worker!! I know we all love ours!!
1 comment:
So Thomas got his toncils out right? Thats what Jodeane me anyways. I got my out this summer...talk about no fun! I lost 15lbs myself during the whole painful experience. Seriously it was the worst experience of my life. i would cry becasue I was so hungry, the pain of my throat was number because of the drugs i was on for the 3 weeks straight. John thought i was an addict. Anywho, Thomas i hope your getting better and in not to much pain. And i hope your surving taking care of him along with your 5 children :)
Post a Comment