Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Are they really from Him, Mom?"

That's the response I got from my girls when we received letters from Santa's elves in the mail this week. The return address was 1 Candy Cane Lane, North Pole. I told them I didn't know of anyone else with that address. They had sent letters a few weeks ago, but never imagined they would be answered. I guess the elves were really on top of things this year. Each letter told them what a good job they were doing this year, and how proud Santa was of them. Each signed by an elf and his work number. It was a very exciting afternoon because I made them wait until Thomas got home, then until after dinner, then until everyone was ready for bed. It was fun watching them bounce from one thing to another so they could get their letters opened. I know it was mean, but it was really fun too!! Chey played along great, but I think was a little confused as to where they came from. K&K had declared themselves non believers last year, so this really questioned that declaration. I think I swayed them back to the believers side, at least for one more year. Broc was ecstatic!! And Nait, well, he just wanted to chew on the envelope.
So thanks Santa's Elves for keeping my children children for one more year. All you North Pole Elves are very much appreciated here!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful. You kids must have been really goo to get a response letter. I think this is my last year with all believers. Reilly(12) still does. I bet your kids really enjoyed their fun night.
I miss you all.

See Who's Been Lookin'