Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Enjoying the Season

There were several good things to come from Thomas' surgery. First, of course, he can now breathe through his nose. Amazing, he didn't know what he was missing!! Second, we finished our Christmas shopping before the surgery, not knowing if or when he would be up for shopping. Yah, it is done. Now we can relax and enjoy this month without worrying about crowds and stores and sales yadayadayada!! Just thinking about it makes me smile. Knowing the gifts for the kids are tucked safely away somewhere in this house, I feel so blessed to know the real reason we celebrate Christmas. The kids were so excited to get out the Christmas books and music. They love reading all the stories and listening to fun and inspiring music.

We brought some of the decorations up from the storage room yesterday. I say some, I think I have 5 or 6 tubs. We start slowly. I'm hesitant to put the tree up, knowing Nait will think it is the best toy ever. I know we will anyway. For right now, Thomas can't lift that much, and he really doesn't want to bump his nose in the process of standing the tree, so we will wait until he is ready.

We are so blessed to be able to have Christ in our lives and to show our love for him this season. What a wonderful time to teach our children the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us and rejoice in the birth of Christ. I hope each of you are able to feel the love of Christ in your lives.

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'