Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wish for a Picture

Sometime I just wish I had been there to snap a picture.  
Chey called me yesterday, I assumed to tell me she had just gotten home from school, but was instead crying hysterically.  I immediately tried to get her to tell me what was wrong.  I had been in town and was waiting at a friends house until K&K got out of school, so that's why I wasn't home.  
She finally spoke so I could understand.  As she came into the garage when she got home there was a snake inside the garage, in front of the stairs up to the house.  It had scared her, not that she is deathly afraid, just caught her off guard and kinda freaked her out.  But her problem was she couldn't get in the house.  I calmed her down and asked how big it was.  Only about a foot and small, a baby.  We have Bull snakes out here that look just like a rattler, but they actually eat rattlers, so their good to have around.  Unfortunately we also have rattlers, although we've never seen one, we know there around.  She knew baby rattlers are the most dangerous, so she was being very cautious.  
I asked her if she could get to one of daddy's big push brooms and get behind it enough to push it outside?  She thought she could.  I also told her if it gets aggressive or starts toward you, turn and run.  She finally managed to get it headed the right way with the broom.  She said it was staring, hissing and sticking it's tongue at her.  But she managed to get it out of the garage and shut the door.  I told her to get the shovel and chop it into pieces, but she refused to go after it again.  
Poor baby, but I am so proud of her for calming herself down and being able to take control of the situation.  I know many adults who would not have acted so calmly.  But I do wish I had been inside the garage to snap a quick shot of her freaking out for a split second.  Sorry, honey! She did say as soon as she screamed the dogs started freaking out in the back yard.  They came running to the garage door and were barking and barking, trying to get to her.  Such good puppies!!  

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'