Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend. Pictures to come soon, I promise. The Kling family, Breanne and family, Kristi and kids and us ventured up to Jackson Meadows. The original plan was to drive into Meadow Lake. It's a beautiful area way downa logging road, we love it there. But there was too much snow to get in, so we tried a different way. Since I had the lowest ground clearance I was sent first. We tried to go the back way into Meadow and we made it much farther than I thought we would. My trusty AWD Astro van climbed some rocks, forded some streams and even forged a river, but the mud bog on the other side of the river was my stopping point. I was bummed, we were having so much fun, and we couldn't get to Meadow. We settled for the Jackson Meadow campground. It was beautiful. The weather was great, the lake was gorgeous, the hikes were awesome and the food, fabulous!! The kids, young and old all had a whittling lesson and enjoyed many quiet hours of whittling. The only one to cut himself, the oldest! Austin made a good little slice to his palm.
On Sunday Austin and Blake took us all on a hike up a tributary to tons of waterfalls. They were so amazing. The rocks and water and meadows, all so so pretty. The rapids were beautiful. The kids all did great. Nait and Kennidi loved the ride in the backpacks. After the hike we changed and cooled off in the VERY cold lake. After all it is still May in the high Sierras. My parents showed up that afternoon. They spend Sunday night with us. It was fun to have them there. The nights were beautiful. Cold, but wonderful. Everyone slept great, despite Nait being afraid of the tent the first night.
We had a great time. When I get all the girls pictures off their cameras I'll post a bunch. Till then!

1 comment:

Matt N Karen said...

Okay I had to peek at your blog, I saw your name on Heather's blog list. Your kids are so beautiful! I got to see Nait at Staci's the other day. He is so cute, and I loved his little shirt..looked like his muscles were busting out! Send me your e-mail and I will send you an invite to my blog if your intersted.
kmdenning@sbcglobal.net
(Karen)

See Who's Been Lookin'