What have we been up to the past few weeks. I'll see if I can work backwards. I know I will leave stuff out, but I'll try to fill in when I have pictures in front of me.
The Tuesday after Memorial Day all 3 girls had hair appointments. They had been begging to get their hair cut, so I finally made appointments. All 3 of them wanted their hair chopped off. I let Chey cut hers up to her chin and K&K just above their shoulders. They all look very cute. Chey actually was able to cut enough off to donate to Lock of Love. Very cool!! It is always so sad when they cut their hair short, it makes them look so much older. But they love it and I love less upkeep and the reduced need of hair assistance.
Ball, Ball, Ball!! That sums up many nights the last few weeks. Everyone has had several games. We've loved everyone. They all are so happy when their playing. I love it! Unfortunately Thomas and I have had several Trek meetings so we've had to ask for help from several friends in running kids home from games we couldn't stay for. So great to have fabulous friends.
Thomas and I got to spend an evening at the Temple. In all this crazy busy madness, it was a wonderful reprieve! I love spending time with my man, especially a nice quiet night.
On the 30th, I went with a group of 11 girls and 4 adults on a 10 mile hike from Spooner Lake to Marlett Lake. It was awesome. Chey and I had so much fun. It was a beautiful day. Marlett is so pretty, I'm excited to take the rest of the family there one of these weekends. 10 miles sounds like a lot but it wasn't to bad and the girls all did great. Chey was my little Energizer Bunny/marathoner. She practically ran the whole thing. We kept telling her to stop and wait, stop and wait. She had springs in her shoes and wings on her back. I would have loved to syphon some of that energy my way. Not that is was a hard hike, it was pretty easy, she just acted like we were walking the mall! Cool pictures to come!
On the 31st I was called to serve as the Primary Secretary. That should be fun. I am still playing piano in Primary so I now have double duty, not a problem.
The few weeks prior to the last week of school I have been rounding up help for the school wide Fun in the Sun Day. I was unofficially put I charge because several others who volunteered decided they didn't want to do it anymore, nice huh? We, the Boosters, were in charge of 2 stations. An outdoor water balloon/bubble station and a cupcake decorating/bounce house station. The bounce houses were a surprise for the kids. We didn't tell them they were coming. It was so much work sending out notices, donation forms, volunteer forms, then gathering all the info and organizing everyone to make sure we had enough help and enough supplies. But of course everything turned out great. The kids all had a wonderful time and until the lightening started around noon, the stations were going great. The outdoor kids were upset they had to come in and watch a movie, but that was the worst of the problems.
The next day I helped with the Kindergarten Fun Day. I was in charge of the 3 leg Race. Funny how most of them had no idea what that was. And some caught on pretty quick and loved it, others never got it and hated it! Two hours into 9 different stations, the kids were exhausted and emotions were running wild. Luckily lunch time came, and so did the rain. Release time came at the perfect time. Broc and I had lots of fun.
The next day was Broc's kindergarten graduation. It was very sweet. They sang a few songs and were given their certificate. It was short and sweet. Perfect for Nait, he was having a hard time sitting still and being quiet! The cupcakes at the end made it all perfect. After the graduation we met friends at 1st and 10 for a celebratory lunch. Oh, about the cupcakes. We had so many leftover cupcakes from Monday, we decided to give them to the Kindergarten teachers for graduation. Except, they were unfrosted. So Shan and I spent several hours Monday night frosting 184 cupcakes!! We did this while Thomas, Cory and Kaeleigh were planting the garden. So it worked out great, thanks guys!!
Chey went on her 4th quarter reward trip to the pool on Wednesday too. She had a great time!
Thursday we were up and out early to go pick up the Trophies and food for Broc's team party. We took 3, 6 year old boys with us and left 2, 2 year olds and 1, 1 year old with Hannah, THANK YOU HANNAH. We had a fun day with the boys. Chey watched the little kids that night while Thomas was at another Trek meeting and I did some shopping.
Friday, last day of school!!! Finally!!!!! After the kids half days of playing and yearbook signing, Chey and I packed for the night. We dropped kids off with Thomas as he got off work and we came here. So that's that. Graduation went well and we are headed back home in the morning. Broc has his last BB game and his team party tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to next week and not getting up early and staying home as much as I want.
Side note: The weather here has been amazing!!! Everyday for the past 10 days it has stormed every afternoon. I'm talking rain, lightening, thunder, hail. It has been so much fun. We have never had this many stormy days in a row. It doesn't seem like summer much, but it is so nice to have the moisture and cooler temps. It did flood out our garden, so who knows where all the seeds are going to come up, should be interesting. It cancelled several of our ball games because the fields were a muddy mess. It made driving anywhere interesting with all the water on the road. But we've loved every minute of it. And it is still coming.
Okay, sorry if your eyes are burning. I promise to get pictures up the first of the week. We are looking forward to beach Wednesdays starting next week. YIPEEE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment